Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sebastian Volupt reviews? or Sebastian Volupt shampoo review?
11-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Sebastian Volupt reviews? or Sebastian Volupt shampoo review?
The other day I heard of Sebastian Volupt so I wanted to know if we had in the forum any Sebastian volupt reviews. Or at least any Sebastian volupt shampoo review. As someone with thinning hair I am always looking for that extra thickening product and I didn't know about their thickening shampoo.

I have been using Paul Mitchell and a couple other thickening shampoos and the work good. Rogaine and thickening hair products are almost like a miracle so I am always willing to try different thickening products to see which one goes best with my hair. Can anybody shed any reviews on their shampoo or other reviews of any Sebastian Volupt products?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2014, 04:34 PM
RE: Sebastian Volupt reviews? or Sebastian Volupt shampoo review?
Well the Sebastian Volupt products are unisex so that's one thing. They aim to increase the volume of your hair with the shampoo and conditioner plus other Volupt products like hair spray. There are lot of volume increasing hair products that don't work so you have to be careful with what you buy. Paul Mitchell is a good brand for thickening products and Sebastian Volupt is another brand for voluminizing products that work.

Ok so here is my take on the Sebastian Volupt shampoo, conditioner and hair spray. As usual my opinion is that from a female hairdresser and we have plenty of male clientele in our unisex hair salon so I know what works and what doesn't work for mens hair Smile

By nature I already have thick hair, however my thick hair is not necessarily volumized, it can become frizzy and get the volume from the frizz itself which is not good after all. I have to use plenty of leave0in conditioner and hair spray just to lessen the frizz.

When I got the Sebastian Volupt shampoo, I was curious to see if this collection would actually do anything worth noting for my hair. I like volume, and I was hoping this shampoo, conditioner, and spray would really pump up the volume more than it already is. On top of that though, I was hoping that it would ease away some of the frizz.

The shampoo comes in a brown bottle, and when I clicked up the cap to take in a sniff of the scent I noticed that it smelled rather nice, yet the scent was also really dull. Nothing strong, but nothing all to weak either, it was just boring. What this means is that the smell is good for guys, but for women who tend to prefer more floral smells, it isn't that good. Anyway this review if for you guys so let's get back to it Smile

I loved the Sebastian Volupt spray so much though that I suspected this shampoo would work the same type of pumped up results, if not more.

My Use:

I first wet my hair and added a small hand full of Sebastian Volupt shampoo to my locks. The first thing I noticed was that as I began to work the shampoo into a lather, I noticed there was this odd slick greasy texture within the shampoo. I thought this was a bad thing at first, a residue of some type I would not be able to rinse out.

It took a little longer to rinse thoroughly than usual, but eventually the slick feeling washed away.

I followed up using the conditioner and it also had the same slick residue within it, it however also washed away with no problem. I let my hair dry to a damp consistency and then styled as usual. I use a hair gel to hold my curls in my hair, and I hoped with the new Volupt collection that my curls would be more bouncy, lively and hold higher up at the scalp for more volume.

The results were pretty good actually. In fact I was expecting them to be so after using the Volupt hairspray. My hair was voluminized more than my usual volume and frizz was still present but not with my usual and regular degree of inconvenient frizz. My hair was left soft, thicker, with more volume, and it looked wilder, crazy and fun.

The range of Sebastian Volupt hair products worked as expected even though I initially thought my hair would be left with residue from the Volupt shampoo and conditioner (which it didn't btw). I highly suggest the Volupt shampoo, conditioner and hair spray to those looking to pump up the volume of their hair as well and including men with thinning hair. I actually think that the shampoo, conditioner and spray would you do very well with managing your thin hair Smile

I would recommend you to give the products a go. You may get even better results than mine or not as good results as mine. However the one thing for sure is that these products work as you have been ale to read with my Sebastian Volupt reviews!

Oh and if you want to buy the product then a hair salon or Amazon for online shopping will be good places to get the products from.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 1,802 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush
  Which anti-dandruff shampoo is best for volume? Dansercoer 0 263 03-30-2016 06:41 PM
Last Post: Dansercoer
  Thickening Shampoo for Oily Hair waystinthyme 0 250 03-25-2016 07:50 PM
Last Post: waystinthyme
  Blackship water based pomade by Flagship review Charms434 0 888 11-16-2015 01:34 PM
Last Post: Charms434