Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scalp Psoriasis and Seborrhoeic dermatitis with hair loss?
08-16-2015, 12:47 PM
Scalp Psoriasis and Seborrhoeic dermatitis with hair loss?
Hey guys, I haven't posted here in a while. The last 8 months I've been having a problem with my face burning and itching which has interrupted my sleep, etc. I finally fixed this about 1 to 2 months ago (Using zinc on my face) but I have also started having hair loss and it has also been affecting my scalp, so I went to the dermatologist and they have said that I have:
  • Seborrheic dermatitis scalp
  • Scalp psoriasis
I can't remember which one they said that I had. They mentioned both and they're both pretty similar in terms of what they are and so they explain my problems perfectly.

I have been given a shampoo to use for 1 month, twice weekly, as well as a topical steroid to use after 1 month (if the shampoo does not work). I'm like a week in with the shampoo and I'm still getting hair loss and it doesn't seem to be getting better. I'm going to keep up with it but I'm going to university in like 1 month and I really want this to be fixed before I go.

My question is, do any of you guys know anything about scalp psoriasis and Seborrhoeic dermatitis? How can I stop and/or reverse my hair loss, etc? I have been told that the hair will grow back because it's the scalp condition causing the hair loss and not MPB, so I'm hopeful but so far the shampoo hasn't worked. I also used another shampoo with coal tar, coconut oil and one other shampoo which is meant to help these two scalp conditions, but I've got nothing.

I'm also taking biotin, I've been doing so for a few days.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hair falling out while growing long hair with seborrhoeic dermatitis? AwesomeHair 1 131 09-11-2016 01:24 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Dry scalp, possible receding problem limehousecas 0 385 09-17-2015 02:24 AM
Last Post: limehousecas
  Small temples?! Help with hair loss at young age and products ootwia 1 648 04-25-2015 11:05 AM
Last Post: Frederick
  What length to stop showing scalp with blonde hair? Alex 7 4,798 08-12-2014 12:54 PM
Last Post: justkeeplivin