Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Gosling hairstyles: Classic Side Swept Style
12-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Ryan Gosling hairstyles: Classic Side Swept Style
Ryan Gosling has spent much of his recent career with a very polished male fashion style, including a classy side swept hairstyle and a well groomed beard or stubble. To style his hair in a side swept, Ryan Gosling uses pomade and a comb to sweep the the hair to the side, a very simple yet old fashioned way to style men's hair.

For the side part hairstyle Ryan Gosling has a neat taper haircut on the sides and back while keeping the hair on the top at about three inches in length.

Pictures of Ryan Gosling classic side swept hairstyle

[Image: Hmqfnth.jpg]

[Image: 1333574762_ryan-gosling-article.jpg]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2013, 10:56 AM
RE: Ryan Gosling hairstyles: Classic Side Swept Style
Whenever he is spotted his side swept hairstyle, Mr. Gosling is wearing either a business suit or formal wear, which goes very well with his choice of hairstyle!

[Image: ryan-gosling-fifty-shades-ftr.jpg]

[Image: ryan_gosling.jpg]

[Image: employee1.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-27-2013, 11:01 AM
Hair products for Ryan Gosling's classic side swept hairstyle

If you want to imitate his hairstyle, all you will need is a good hair pomade and a sturdy men's comb. If you don't have his haircut, then simply go to the barbershop and ask the barber for a taper haircut or businessman cut, leaving the top of the head with 2 or 3 inches of length.

For the pomade for the side swept, get this hair pomade, and for the comb, get this men's comb.

12-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Always thought that Ryan Gosling was a very good example of the side comb-swept hairstyle improving the looks of an average dude.
Formal wear + side swept hair or business suit + side swept hair is a ladies winner Big Grin he is living proof!
01-16-2014, 03:19 PM
Gosling pretty much always has the right hairstyle for his face shape. I've tried emulating a few of them, but came to the realisation I just don't have the right type of hair. If I were to use pomade and a comb for example, it would look greasy and have no volume at all.
01-17-2014, 04:17 AM
(01-16-2014 03:19 PM)rhsccw Wrote:  Gosling pretty much always has the right hairstyle for his face shape. I've tried emulating a few of them, but came to the realisation I just don't have the right type of hair. If I were to use pomade and a comb for example, it would look greasy and have no volume at all.

Gosling is a special case because he s obviously not a good looking guy when it comes to facial features. However, he plays the classic men's style very well (including slicked styles) and, believe it or not, that can skyrocket your attractiveness when it comes to female preference.

Are you using the right pomade (like the one I suggested above) for your slicked back hairstyles? Also, some dudes don't have naturally voluminous hair, so, if you want volume, you will need a hair dryer; this is something not many men know and is the trick for pulling volume styled side parts if your hair lies too flat when side combing/parting.

What is it exactly you are trying to achieve in terms of a hairstyle?

01-17-2014, 06:15 PM
(01-17-2014 04:17 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(01-16-2014 03:19 PM)rhsccw Wrote:  Gosling pretty much always has the right hairstyle for his face shape. I've tried emulating a few of them, but came to the realisation I just don't have the right type of hair. If I were to use pomade and a comb for example, it would look greasy and have no volume at all.

Gosling is a special case because he s obviously not a good looking guy when it comes to facial features. However, he plays the classic men's style very well (including slicked styles) and, believe it or not, that can skyrocket your attractiveness when it comes to female preference.

Are you using the right pomade (like the one I suggested above) for your slicked back hairstyles? Also, some dudes don't have naturally voluminous hair, so, if you want volume, you will need a hair dryer; this is something not many men know and is the trick for pulling volume styled side parts if your hair lies too flat when side combing/parting.

What is it exactly you are trying to achieve in terms of a hairstyle?

It's the classic / business look I've been going for; something smart and 'grown up' for want of a better term. Gosling inspired me actually, he's usually rocking a decent side-part of some description and always manages to pull it off. I've managed my own versions of a few different styles, but it bugs me how long it takes to get right in the morning. Because my hair is so fine it gets greasy exceptionally quickly, I can't get away without washing it every day. With the hair dryer and products, my hair takes more time in the morning than anything else, and I'm never quite happy with it. Too much product and you can see through to my scalp easily, too little and the style has all but disappeared before I get to work.

I haven't tried that particular pomade, but I went through so many different brands before I finally settled on the water-based American Crew. It doesn't have the hold I need, so I use a small amount of gel too, but it creates a nice texture and shine.

I'll make my own thread once I have enough posts to whine about my hair properly and get advice on styles and products that would best suit me.
01-18-2014, 04:02 AM
You can already make your own thread Smile

I think a voluminizing hair mousse should be your next step if you're finding issues with pomades and even with the Layrite pomade suggested above as that one is not greasy and easy to wash.

A hair mousse is a totally different product that is used in hairstyling circles for ladies with fine hair to make their hair look bigger (especially with a hair dryer). Extrapolated to a male, we can use the hair mousse to get more volume on the hair but as much volume as we want so it's a very versatile product for men's hairstyles. We recommend this hair mousse in the best hair products thread; have a look at that suggested hair mousse as it is made specifically for giving good controllable volume to the hair (and it is nicely priced too, not expensive), and do also open up a thread and let's look at your case. If possible, post pictures with your hair side parted and using pomade (and without using pomade). You can blur out your face if you want.

01-20-2014, 10:43 AM
(01-18-2014 04:02 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  You can already make your own thread Smile

I think a voluminizing hair mousse should be your next step if you're finding issues with pomades and even with the Layrite pomade suggested above as that one is not greasy and easy to wash.

A hair mousse is a totally different product that is used in hairstyling circles for ladies with fine hair to make their hair look bigger (especially with a hair dryer). Extrapolated to a male, we can use the hair mousse to get more volume on the hair but as much volume as we want so it's a very versatile product for men's hairstyles. We recommend - in the - thread; have a look at that suggested hair mousse as it is made specifically for giving good controllable volume to the hair (and it is nicely priced too, not expensive), and do also open up a thread and let's look at your case. If possible, post pictures with your hair side parted and using pomade (and without using pomade). You can blur out your face if you want.

Thanks man. I started my own thread in the hairstyles section, although I had trouble with posting pictures for some reason so perhaps you can help me out with that.

I have bought a huge number of products in the past, but mousse strangely enough is one that I have never tried. Most hairstyling info I've found on-line (mousse or otherwise) seems to relate to women, which is why I came to this forum. I wouldn't know where to start when it comes to styling with mousse. Aside from the head, of course.
01-23-2014, 04:56 AM
He looks classy with this kind of hairstyle
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Josh Mario John Haircut, Hairstyles and Hair Guide with Pictures TheMensHairForum 3 424 10-23-2016 02:11 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Josh Earnest Hair Style - US Press Secretary's Hairstyle President Charisma 2 356 10-05-2016 07:46 PM
Last Post: President Charisma
  Epic Soccer Hairstyles and Haircuts of the 2016 UEFA Euro TheMensHairForum 8 2,169 06-19-2016 01:05 PM
  Brienne of Tarth hair style and haircut from Game of Thrones? MrYellow 1 910 06-15-2016 10:02 AM