Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian army recruits getting Induction haircuts with manual hair clippers!
09-11-2014, 06:48 AM
Russian army recruits getting Induction haircuts with manual hair clippers!
You know the Russians do it differently, and here is a video of soldier recruits getting Induction haircuts with manual hair clippers! No fancy electric hair clippers, good old fashioned manual hair clippers that clip the hair to a near shaved length and that can clip through thick hair. These types of hair clippers were very popular in the beginning of the 20th century.

The Russian soldiers are getting the typical Induction cut or Induction haircut, where the hair is left near shaved and marks the beginning of the soldier's career via boot camp. Not only the Russians give their recruits a good Induction cut, Marine recruits and Navy recruits do also get Induction haircuts.

Here is the video of Russian recruits getting Induction cuts with manual hair clippers. Some hilarious scenes and music. The video itself is from the late 1990s I believe, so I'm surprised to see the Russian army using manual hair clippers.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: Russian army recruits getting Induction haircuts with manual hair clippers!
Seriously those manual hair clippers! I tried them in the past but more because I used to know a really old barber and he still had a few stored from his father's barbershop. So that was old!

They were awkward to use in all honesty. I am sure it takes some skill to cut the hair of soldiers so fast and so short with them. Surprised the russian army was using manual hair clippers until not that long ago. I do know the british and the americans use electric hair clippers.
11-18-2014, 08:02 PM
You know, I have a nice set of Wahl electric clippers and have used them for years. I've always preferred to do my own cuts or have my wife do them. About 2 years ago I got interested in trying the manual clippers and ordered an old set from Ebay. I really liked them and preferred the cut they gave over that of the electric clippers. There is no heating up and they don't make that awful buzzing noise all around the skull.

They got dropped one day after a haircut and a couple of the teeth broke off. Shortly after that while on holiday in Pennsylvania we stopped at an Amish store and I found a brand new pair of manual clippers. You better believe I snatched them right up. I'm growing my hair out now, but those clippers aren't going anywhere. If the day comes that I decide to wear a buzz cut again, those clippers will be back in service.
12-18-2015, 07:14 AM
(09-11-2014 06:48 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  marks the beginning of the soldier's career via boot camp.

This was also done for hygienic purposes as well. Don't forget about louse.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Wink Marine Recruits Getting Induction Haircuts! Serious Business TheMensHairForum 0 3,264 05-16-2014 05:14 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum