Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ronnie Ortiz-Magro haircut? anyone know it?
04-24-2014, 01:33 PM
Ronnie Ortiz-Magro haircut? anyone know it?
Do any of you forum experts know what is Ronnie Ortiz-Magro haircut? this is the guy from Jersey Shore and his hairstyle is the pyramid shape one which I think is a fohawk perhaps? hair is short and he uses a lot of hair gel like Pauly D too lol below are some pictures of Ronnie Ortiz-Magro haircut so you can get an idea of what it looks like as I cannot tell what it is... also what hair products to use and if it requires a certain length etc Thanks!

[Image: ronnie_1066.jpg]

[Image: 107638690jc018_lebron_james155951-300x300.jpg]

[Image: ronnie_177927634.jpg]

[Image: Ronnie+Ortiz+Magro+2010+MTV+Video+Music+...3JWVgl.jpg]

[Image: ronald-ronnie-ortiz-magro-profile.jpg]

[Image: ronnie-ortiz-magro03.jpg]

[Image: 1264090906_ronnie-290.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2014, 02:59 PM
RE: Ronnie Ortiz-Magro haircut? anyone know it?
James, the temple fade cut is the haircut of Ronnie Ortiz. Assuming, however, that you are also referring to the hairstyle of Ronnie Ortiz, then it's indeed a Faux Hawk, which some people also call fohawk although the correct term is faux hawk as "faux" is French for fake (so the hairstyle is a "fake" hawk or fake mohawk) Smile

The temple fade is a type of fade haircut where the hair on the hairline is rapidly tapered. A male celebrity who also gets temple fade haircuts all the time is Real Madrid player Jese who gets a similar haircut to that of Ronnie Ortiz. In fact, both of them create a hawk with the temple fade only that in the case of Jese the fade is more pronounced. For what is worth, the temple fade is also known as a Brooklyn fade, afro blow out or just a blowout (which is actually Pauly D's hairstyle, since you asked a similar question after this one, so it looks).

Anyway, the style as it is shaped is indeed a triangle shaped when seen from the front. This is typical of the faux hawk hairstyle and is easily achieved with some hair wax or hair gel. In the case of Ronnie Ortiz Magro, you would need about 2 inches of hair length which you can check in our hair length guide for a hair style reference. To style the crest of the faux hawk, just use your fingers to guide the hair on the top of the head towards the center and a crest will form by itself as the hair clumps on the center of the head.

In terms of hair products for the faux, as said a hair wax or hair gel will do. In terms of brands, go with this TIGI hair wax for a natural looking faux hawk, and go with this hair gel for a drier faux hawk and harder crest. That hair wax and hair gel in each link are products we regularly recommend as those should be your bread and butter of any hairstyling, and in the case of a faux hawk, you don't need to go crazy with the amount of hair products to use Wink

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-25-2014, 03:16 PM
This look suits him well but would look ridiculous on me if I had short hair.
04-26-2014, 01:29 PM
(04-25-2014 03:16 PM)Jesse Wrote:  This look suits him well but would look ridiculous on me if I had short hair.

Well, it helps that he is a buff guy with plenty of muscle and low body fat. I can tell you that that hairstyle would look kind of ridiculous on the rest of us average Joe guys Big Grin

The temple fade haircut with a Faux Hawk crest is one male hairstyle that you need to be relatively aesthetic as a whole to be able to wear it. Not that Ronnie Ortiz is a handsome dude, but his body shape and low body fat helps a lot to normalize the hairstyle; the same way that male models can also war ridiculous hairstyles and still look good due to their handsome facial features that normalize the hairstyle's aesthetics.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-01-2014, 10:57 AM
(04-24-2014 02:59 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  James, the temple fade cut is the haircut of Ronnie Ortiz. Assuming, however, that you are also referring to the hairstyle of Ronnie Ortiz, then it's indeed a Faux Hawk, which some people also call fohawk although the correct term is faux hawk as "faux" is French for fake (so the hairstyle is a "fake" hawk or fake mohawk) Smile

The temple fade is a type of fade haircut where the hair on the hairline is rapidly tapered. A male celebrity who also gets temple fade haircuts all the time is Real Madrid player Jese who gets a similar haircut to that of Ronnie Ortiz. In fact, both of them create a hawk with the temple fade only that in the case of Jese the fade is more pronounced. For what is worth, the temple fade is also known as a Brooklyn fade, afro blow out or just a blowout (which is actually Pauly D's hairstyle, since you asked a similar question after this one, so it looks).

Anyway, the style as it is shaped is indeed a triangle shaped when seen from the front. This is typical of the faux hawk hairstyle and is easily achieved with some hair wax or hair gel. In the case of Ronnie Ortiz Magro, you would need about 2 inches of hair length which you can check in our hair length guide for a hair style reference. To style the crest of the faux hawk, just use your fingers to guide the hair on the top of the head towards the center and a crest will form by itself as the hair clumps on the center of the head.

In terms of hair products for the faux, as said a hair wax or hair gel will do. In terms of brands, go with this TIGI hair wax for a natural looking faux hawk, and go with this hair gel for a drier faux hawk and harder crest. That hair wax and hair gel in each link are products we regularly recommend as those should be your bread and butter of any hairstyling, and in the case of a faux hawk, you don't need to go crazy with the amount of hair products to use Wink

You have a really good eye for hairstyles!! To me yeah the hairstyle looked like a faux hawk but it is true that it also has the temple fade haircut. You can see the temple fade if you look closer but I didn't realize it until you mentioned it in your reply to James.

So all those guys from Jersey Shore like Pauly D then follow the same type of haircuts? I saw in another thread some pictures of Pauly D hair, kinda looked like a temple fade too.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tips for Cameron Dallas hairstyle and haircut with straight hair icey3333331 0 132 11-13-2016 01:49 PM
Last Post: icey3333331
  Josh Mario John Haircut, Hairstyles and Hair Guide with Pictures TheMensHairForum 3 406 10-23-2016 02:11 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Hair products for Donald Trump hairstyle and haircut? Curly Dude 1 460 10-09-2016 05:32 PM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  Leo Messi New Haircut Pictures with Blonde Hairstyle Look! TheMensHairForum 1 8,562 07-27-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum