Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Review of Remington Wet 2 Straight tourmaline ceramic hair straightener
08-30-2014, 08:53 AM
Review of Remington Wet 2 Straight tourmaline ceramic hair straightener
I realize we have a lot of hair straightener talk in the forum so here is my review of the Remington Wet 2 Straight tourmaline ceramic hair straightener. My review is based on my personal experience as a woman and hairdresser so i want to make it short and sweet. The Remington Wet 3 Straight hair straightener is unisex so it is for both men and women. I have quite a few hair straighteners at home and in the hair salon so I can look into posting more hair straighteners reviews.

About my hair first... with naturally curly hair (and frizzy depending on the weather and humidity) and a preference for length, styling my hair has always been a bit of a pain. Between the shower, blow dryer and flat iron, I could easily spend too much time on my hair. Then of course there's the touch ups between washings. So naturally, I'm a big fan of ponytails and clippies. Even though the flat iron makes taming the craziness that is my hair much easier, it was still taking forever because I had to blow it dry first.

The Remington Wet 2 Straight hair straightener uses Teflon, ceramic, and ionic coating to protect hair from damage. There is a digital LCD display with touch pad controls and 30 heat settings. The heat settings are color coded to how wet your hair is.

Pros of the Wet 2 Straight hair straightener:
  • Ease of Access: You can find Remington Wet 2 Straight at most major retails chains, drug stores and also in Amazon.
  • Price: Remington Wet 2 Straight is an economical hair straightener.
  • Efficacy: I would rate the efficacy of the Remington Wet 2 Straight 10 of 10.

Cons of the Wet 2 Straight hair straightener:
  • Be careful! Especially if you are straightening wet hair. Use a comb instead of your fingers to grab the section that has just been straighten, it will be VERY hot.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my Remington Wet 2 Straight flat iron. What used to take me hours now only takes me about 30 minutes from start to finish. I can literally go from the shower to straight, shiny hair. Remington Wet 2 Straight works so well, I have not needed a single touch up between washings. I love the swivel cord (I have chest length long hair) and the locking switch is real handy too. One of the big benefits that I have noticed since using it is that regardless of the humidity outside, my hair stays straight, and I know for a fact that this is a sign itself of a top quality hair straightener. BTW i used the 2 inch wide model.

Elena
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: Review of Remington Wet 2 Straight tourmaline ceramic hair straightener
Elena did you use an heat protecting product before using the flat iron? I know the guys in the forum swear by those products but what do you think of those heat products s a female hair dresser?

Thanks for any replies.
09-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Excellent review!
Elena, thanks for your Remington Wet 2 Straight hair straightener review!

It's a hair straightener with great value since it's affordable and from a reputable brand (i.e. Remington). Furthermore, the fact that it is both tourmaline and ceramic ensures that the actual straightening of the hair is controlled and with a great finish, and it also ensures that this Wet 2 Straight Remington hair straightener lasts you as a hairstyling tool for a very long time!

For anyone interested, the Wet 2 Straight hair straightener can be had from THIS reliable vendor for an awesome price. If the higher-priced straighteners that we have recommended in this forum are a bit too steep in price, then the Wet 2 Straight from that linked vendor is a great product alternative, no doubts about that. You can also read in the link the hundreds of positive reviews so you're getting great value for it.

For those of you in the UK or Europe, you can get a similar Wet 2 Straight Remington model with THIS model here. Again, very affordable, high quality and plenty of positive reviews for this Wet 2 Straight model!

(08-30-2014 02:34 PM)James Wrote:  Elena did you use an heat protecting product before using the flat iron? I know the guys in the forum swear by those products but what do you think of those heat products s a female hair dresser?

Thanks for any replies.

James, even with straighteners that provide plenty of heat controlling (so you don't burn your hair easily), it is always best to use a heat tamer (aka heat protectant product) so as to ensure the most protection for your hair and enhance the hair straightening effect.

Heat tamers are also very affordable and are easy to apply to the hair (just spray it lightly around your hair). A great heat tamer that not only provides ample heat protection but that also enhances the straightening effect and improves the finish and gloss is THIS one here.

For those of you wanting to buy a heat tamer straight from the UK, you can get THIS other one.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
09-17-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: Review of Remington Wet 2 Straight tourmaline ceramic hair straightener
Hey TMHF i was asking the lady! (lol j/k bro Big Grin)

Thanks for the answer. You have answers for everything my man Smile Where would I be without this forum?...
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 2,066 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush
  Alternative for thick straight lifeless hair Kick71 0 270 06-16-2016 04:04 AM
Last Post: Kick71
  Any products to get perm look for medium straight hair? YoItsNeeks 0 317 04-03-2016 09:39 PM
Last Post: YoItsNeeks
  Best hair product for medium straight hair? willymanilly 1 531 04-03-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: Adam Yunker