Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review of Alberto Vo5 Sheer Conditioning Hairdressing Creme
10-13-2014, 09:44 AM
Review of Alberto Vo5 Sheer Conditioning Hairdressing Creme
This is a review of the Alberto VO5 Sheer Conditioning Hairdressing Creme. I have found a reliable hairdressing cream for great frizz control and plenty of shine with this Alberto VO5 hairdressing creme as a guy. It has a lightweight formula that does not weigh your hair down, although it could if you used more than I recommend below. It is mineral oil based but it is not greasy, although again unless you overdo it.

This is NOT like the old Alberto VO5 in a tube by the way. This is better. You have to try it to appreciate the sheen that this hairdressing creme will bring to your hair. For curly hair, this is one hairdressing creme to style your curls. I know this forum likes the newer hairstyling creams for curly hair and I generally agree with this, but this hairdressing creme also does quite well compared to those newer styling creams for men.

Alberto VO5 Sheer Hairdressing Creme claims to markedly reduce frizz. It also claims to provide your hair plenty of shine just like the old hairdressing cremes for men. I'm talking old like in the fifties! It also claims to help with dry, hard to manage or frizzy hair so it should go very well with curly hair from wavy to afro hair.

I have thick wavy hair and was looking for yet another mens hair product for frizz control. This product not only controlled it but it also eliminated the frizz that all of us with wavy hair and curly hair have. Alberto VO5 Sheer Hairdressing Creme left my hair with quite a lot of shine, so much it reminded me of the old pomades that are oil based. No more dull hair for me I guess Big Grin

The way this product works is that you apply it to your towel dried hair, after shampooing and using some conditioner (or no conditioner and just shampooing, it up to you). It only takes a small amount to do a great job. You rub the creme into your hair evenly and style as usual. The ease of using this product is easier than oil pomades and is more on par with leave-in conditioners for curly hair. So easy to style and it is not greasy.

This hairdressing cream soaks into your hair immediately. If you wear your hair in a loose curly style or a messy style if you have straight hair, all you will need is a small amount for a pretty good look. When your hair dries, you will notice a natural look with a lot of shine. The product is not greasy but it will not give you super soft curls or hair, for that instead use a leave-in conditioner. This will give you more of a natural look that 'looks' fixed. Like styling wax to match it to a similar hairstyling product for men.

Sheen is key for this Alberto VO5 hairdressing creme. It also absorbed into my hair quickly so that's another good thing for a product that is mineral oil based. The control it gave to my hair was th same as a styling wax, so that again is a good thing.

Alberto VO5 has been in the game of hairstyling products for decades so that is yet another brand that has passed the test of time. However I have not tested all their products so can't say much for all hairstyling products of Alberto VO5 although there is a review for the Alberto VO5 hair gel that you can also check out in the link.

Alberto VO5 Sheer Hairdressing Creme has a good price for the amount that it comes in. You're also using a very small amount, just a dab or two so the product will last you longer. Costs the same as about a good hair pomade like the Suavecito and Layrite that the guys in this forum like so much.

The only downside to the Alberto VO5 hairdressing creme is that it is a bit hard to remove because of the mineral oil. If you are following the no shampoo method in the mens hair book then you may want to adjust your shampoo frequency. Any shampoo will remove the product so that is not the issue, the issue is more like how frequent is your shampoo use if it is not daily.

Instant frizz control and shine that lasts and looks natural. Good for styling curly hair and messy looks for straight hair. Worth the purchase to try folks. Another hairstyling product in the bathroom! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 1,800 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush
  Blackship water based pomade by Flagship review Charms434 0 888 11-16-2015 01:34 PM
Last Post: Charms434
  Teddy Boy Original Water Based Pomade - Product Review Charms434 0 586 11-16-2015 10:49 AM
Last Post: Charms434
  By Vilain hair wax, Dynamite Clay and Gold Digger review? plate870 0 910 10-06-2015 06:34 PM
Last Post: plate870