Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remington R5150 review? buy this electric rotary razor?
09-20-2014, 09:39 AM
Remington R5150 review? buy this electric rotary razor?
I would like to ask if any forum experts have some feedback or have a review of the Remington R5150 shaver? the birthday of my teenage nephew is coming and I think his first electric rotary razor would be great for the adult facial hair he is developing and has already. The price is very good which leads me to believe that this shaver is not as great as some of the awesome shavers that are posted in the forum by the experts here as forum reviews.

The one amazon page I am looking at has lots of helpful positive reviews but I thought why not go on the forum and bother some of the experts here Big GrinCoolBig Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2014, 11:43 AM
RE: Remington R5150 review? buy this electric rotary razor?
I mean compared to the likes of a Braun Series 7 or a Philips Norelco HS8420 but the Remington R5150 is still a good piece of equipment. Through this review I plan to look at the pros and cons of this electric razor.

Pros

The pros of the Remington R5150 are quite a few actually. To start it off, the price is low enough to class it as a bargain. It will run you lower than $60. Obviously depending on where you buy it and if you do like most of us and buy your grooming stuff on Amazon, the price will all vary. Just try to see if TMHF can post a good online vendor with a good price but like I say I have seen them for less than $60 without taking into account shipping fees tho.

The look of this Remington is very clean. It has an attractive matte black look all throughout the body of the razor, to the top. The head is a nice silver tint and really compliments the black well.

It has three blades on the top in circular form as per this type of rotary shaver. On each blade, there are smaller holes and larger holes to get longer hairs as well as short stubble. This makes it so you get a close shave that will pass through a strict office job setting. For a super close shave that will pass even a job interview for a high management position? you are better using the Braun 7 Series shaver in the link I posted above in this post. For your nephew the Remington R5 150 shaver will do the job very well though.

Cons

Now to move to the cons. The Remington R5150 is not a great portable razor. If you are looking for a razor to bring with you on trips, I would not recommend it. There are two reasons I feel this way. For one, the Remington R5150 is not too sturdy. If you drop it once, don't be too surprised to see pieces flying. The few times I have dropped mine, things have broken. They are usually a snap to put back together, but drop it too much and it might be easier said than done. The second reason is the battery does not last very long. It charges quick but does not stay charged. It is great to keep at home in the bathroom always plugged in.

I have experienced a very small amount of razor burn while using the Remington R5150 shaver. However I myself have sensitive skin and I do get irritated skin or some mild razor burn that a good aftershave like the Nivea for Men aftershave always fixes.

Verdict

Now for the area of recommendation. Would I recommend the Remington R5150 electric shaver? For your case or someone getting his first electric shaver, then no doubts yes! Its price and its closeness of shave make the R5150 shaver a bargain. While it hasn't given me one of the closest shaves an electric razor had given me, the shaver isn't over $100 or even $60 if you buy online and don't take shipping fees into account!

Like I said before, if you want it for traveling, be very careful and make sure you have a place to charge it. With all this said and done, I am very pleased with the performance of the Remington R5150 and I hope this has helped out.

Wait for TMHF if you are interested in buying as he will probably know a good vendor with a good deal to buy the Remington R5150 shaver.
09-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Great Remington R5 150 review!
Vlad, I pretty much share the same opinion as Sunset above and I would recommend the Remington 5 150 to the following males:
  • New to electric shavers and need to get their feet get wh it comes to electric shavers for men.
  • No need to geta manual razor like closeness of the shave. What this means is that you will need to spend a little more (the two shavers posted by Sunset in his post will do very well) to really emulate a manual razor in terms of how skin tight the shave is. Regardless, I would say that most guys ill do fine with the closeness of the shave from the R5-150 shaver.
Since we are talking of a teenage boy who won't yet have a management position (as an example) where closeness of shave is highly looked upon, then I say the Remington R5 150 is bang on the money for him. Great gift idea!

For an excellent online reputable source to buy the Remington R5 150 shaver, then go to THIS one here.

You will also want to own a replacement for the rotary razors (easy to remove and replace). I highly recommend that you get THIS replacement for the rotary razors, which has the extra benefit of fitting other rotary Remington shavers.

Lastly, and since your nephew will need to get used to handling the tool and passing it through smoothly, get him a pre-shave stick like THIS one here which will prepare his face in seconds for the shaving with the electric shaver. Once he grows accustomed to using the shaver, he may not need it anymore, although it's always a good idea to keep a stick around the house anyway considering its price and how long it lasts.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Remington R8150Csb Pivot And Flex Rotary Shaver Review A London Barber 0 102 10-26-2016 04:16 PM
Last Post: A London Barber
  Review of Wahl 9937 Lithium Ion Triple Play Shaver/Trimmer/Detailer A London Barber 0 106 10-26-2016 03:50 PM
  Review of Panasonic ES-LA93-K Arc4 Wet-Dry Head Pivoting Shaver A London Barber 0 76 10-26-2016 03:10 PM
  Philips Norelco 1150X/40 SensoTouch 2D Electric Shaver Review A London Barber 0 87 10-26-2016 02:08 PM