Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regenix hair growth experience from mid-20s balding and Rogaine
07-14-2016, 12:55 PM
Regenix hair growth experience from mid-20s balding and Rogaine
At the risk of being attacked, I have been on those "super hyper vitamins" that were described in the first post. I live about an hour away from the Regenix office in LA and went there last month as a last ditch effort to save my hair.

I'm 36 and have been on Rogaine since I was in my mid-20's. I first started out with the 2% concentration and switched to the 5% when I entered my 30's. I even started generic finasteride about a year ago and had to quit due to sexual side effects, plus it didn't really seem like it was working. I was getting my Rx filled at Target, btw.

I am not experiencing hair loss at the crown, but have a receding and thinning hairline. I was able to maintain it with the minoxidil until my early 30's until I was in a car accident and was in a coma for a month, then the ICU for a month. That's two months w/out the minoxidil and I ended up losing all the hair in the front that I had been able to maintain.

At the Regenix office they took samples of my hair and looked at them under a microscope. They also looked at my scalp with a close-up fiber optic camera which I was able to see on screen. The assessment was that my hair had become so clogged thru the years with a build-up of sebum. That, combined with the possible effects of the DHT were what was causing my hair to miniaturize until it eventually was non-existent. They gave me their regimen (I'm in Stage 1 which is a general cleaning stage to prep the scalp for Stage 2, which is customised) that's on their website which I have been following dutifully.

I have definitely noticed those miniaturized hairs getting thicker, and have even noticed smaller hairs where I didn't think there were any more. I guess I couldn't see them. Even my bf said my hair looks thicker. I am getting super hopeful. I just scheduled my second appointment for next month. Yes, I am willing to give them another $170 because I can actually see it working.

The guys at Regenix will tell you that it will not grow hair where it doesn't exist anymore and that is why Matthew's temples are deep. My temples are not what they once were when I was young and I don't expect them to be. I am merely looking to thicken up what I have left and the Regenix seems to be doing just that.

I know many will come on here and criticize the fact that this is my first post and won't believe me w/out pics. My IG account is @swimjammer. You can follow me there. I don't post any pictures of my hair progress tho, but you can see to what extent my hair loss is and if you follow me I'm sure you will be able to track my progress thru the pics I post. I'll post a pic of my hair right after I was released from the hospital.

I'm sure many will come on here saying all this blah blah about genetics. To me it makes sense, that it is a combination of factors that can affect hair loss and not one thing is going to work for one person. In life there is no cure-all for any specific malady. Everyone's body is different and responds differently. Go ahead and bash and quote your studies. Keep in mind that my experience is merely anecdotal, but it seems to be working for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------