Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redfoo and his curly hair
06-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Redfoo and his curly hair
What does Redfoo uses for his curly hair (guy from LMFAO)? His hair looks almost afro textured, like between the types coiled and kinky don't u think? but it gets to hang down 2 and doesn't look dat long to me. Natural hair? maybe some hair product for the hair to be down?
Here is a picture of redfoo and his curly hair (hoping I get the image right)

[Image: play_g_azred_576.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2013, 02:28 PM
RE: Redfoo and his curly hair
Well for making your hair get down, hair creams (for styling) are very much the winners.

However, looking at Redfoo's hair it sometimes is puffing out big and sometimes half down. I suppose Redfoo uses different hair products (surely a hair cream for getting the hair down) at different times for his different purposes. If you watch him in his videoclip for "Sexy and I know it" his hair looks even more puffed out and looks more or less the same length.

<!-- start: video_youtube_embed -->

<!-- end: video_youtube_embed -->

and if you play close attention even to your posted picture, it is mostly the hair on the sides/back that hangs down not so much with the top of the head (as referenced in both The Curly Hair Book & The Men's Hair Book).

I'm with you on this one AfroJay and I think he just changes his hair products for different situations although from a distant eye he doesn't look to put too much hair products on his hair.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-03-2013, 03:02 PM
AfroJay,

You'd be surprised, Redfoo's curly hair in that picture you posted can easily be over 12 inches long (extended length), despite it may look shorter as his curly hair is tightly coiled. Furthermore, his hair is not fully hanging down and the hair on the top of his head will certainly take quite some time (at the very least, 1 year) to be hanging down fully (and naturally).

Like TheMensHairForum pointed out, there are pictures of Redfoo with his curly hair in different states. Redfoo tends to keep his curly hair unkempt (i.e. frizzy and undefined as heck!), and I would not be surprised if he was very carefree about his curly hair routine too (i.e. no use of conditioners, shampooing daily etc). Redfoo's curly hair looks its best when it is hanging down the most, which is not surprising as that indicates the use of a/several hair product/s if not using your own sebum to weigh down the hair; a styling cream is a good product to help the curls down.

[Image: redfoo_of_the_band_lmfao__grammys_2_3_4_E1.jpg]

By the way, Redfoo seems to have had a haircut recently and chopped off a good 2 inches from his curly hair. The picture above is one of Redfoo from May; he used to have a bit longer hair some months ago.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
06-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Cant add much other than what's been said already...curly hair takes too long to be loose and as pointed above by the forum members the curlier the curls, the harder for the hair to be hanging down.

[Image: 130322213120-redfoo-azarenka-story-top.jpg]

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
06-06-2013, 07:41 AM
I know we all curly dudes get the Sideshow Bob hair effect as soon as we hit a long length but Redfoo takes the trophy home.

[Image: Sideshow-Bob_380_1233705a.jpg]

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
04-07-2014, 11:25 AM
His hair will start going down as it gets longer and heavier, but that will take a longgg time!
04-07-2014, 11:53 AM
(04-07-2014 11:25 AM)Cookiee15 Wrote:  His hair will start going down as it gets longer and heavier, but that will take a longgg time!

Correct. The "curlier" (i.e. tighter curls) the hair is, the more length it needs to hang down.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good pomades to tame and straighten my crazy curly hair Salazar Mojo 1 314 10-18-2016 01:44 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Curly hair blow dry with brush to straighten it, Is it damaged? Ttas664 5 289 10-18-2016 01:17 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 13,761 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  curly super dry bush type unshiny hair shau1203 0 266 08-09-2016 03:30 PM
Last Post: shau1203