Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red bumps on scalp
10-25-2014, 07:52 AM
Red bumps on scalp
I've had red bumps on my scalp for a couple years now. They kind of look like bug bites and they occasionally itch. They are painful at times, but that rarely happens and usually only if I had been itching them a lot. I tried doing some research and the only thing I could find was inflammation. Anyone know what this is or how to get rid of it? Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2014, 01:23 PM
RE: Red bumps on scalp
That looks like seborrhoeic dermatitis. This is inflammation of the skin due to over-production of skin cells and a fungus that lives on the scalp of all healthy humans. That's a dermatologist's job as it could be something more serious.

If it's seborrhoeic dermatitis, the treatment is very easy and works very well, but you need to see a dermatologist to get the effective treatment.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Itchy scalp with bumps and dandruff, is this a scalp condition? GoodHair 6 2,586 11-09-2015 04:23 AM
Last Post: kibria
  Oily scalp buildup: Dandruff, Sebum or Product residue? WesleyGarrett 0 593 09-21-2015 05:40 PM
Last Post: WesleyGarrett
  Recommend dry scalp home remedies? Alex 4 1,671 01-30-2015 02:17 PM
Last Post: 3rdto1st
  Dandruff vs dry scalp difference? Anton 2 983 12-02-2014 03:26 PM
Last Post: Stevens