Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend dry scalp home remedies?
12-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Recommend dry scalp home remedies?
I was reading another forum thread on dandruff and dry skin so i was thinking if any of you could suggest dry scalp home remedies?
I read about the hair moisturizing products but not about scalp moisturizing. I take it hair and scalp would be perhaps different in treating dryness, or maybe not but that's why i open this thread Big Grin if possible suggest actual home remedies for dry scalp.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2014, 02:27 PM
RE: Recommend dry scalp home remedies?
Having dry scalp can be itchy, painful, and downright an embarrassing menace. There is nothing like washing your hair with the most expensive shampoos, using grease, and oils that promise to reverse the dry effect, only to be disappointed after.

Most people have some kind of dry scalp. Everyone knows someone that has dandruff. Dandruff is a more common symptom of dry scalp however not necessarily severe. Some severe cases of dry scalp include, extreme itchiness, scalp pimples, painful scabs, hair fallout, and brittle hair.

Everyone reacts differently to certain kinds of treatment, however the best medicine you can give yourself is natural medicine. There is a treatment for severe dry scalp that is found in most grocery stores, and probably right in your pantry. These three components will get rid of dry scalp within a two to three days. Apple cider vinegar, tea tree shampoo, and unrefined coconut oil are components of this dry scalp treatment.

The combination of these three ingredients is a knockout punch for dry scalp. A fungus in your hair, like athlete's foot, causes dry scalp. The apple cider vinegar will disinfect the outer scalp killing the fungus that is causing the dandruff and dryness. The tea tree shampoo will send another army of bacteria eaters deeper into the scalp to rid of any left over fungus. Last the coconut oil will deep moisturize your hair and regenerate the scalp cells, promoting hair growth and repair.

Here are the steps for applications. First, mix a half-cup of water and a half-cup apple cider vinegar together. Then pour the liquid over your hair massaging it in. Let the vinegar sit in your hair for 10 min. It will burn and stink a little but it works. Next shampoo and rinse your hair with the tea tree shampoo. You will rinse then repeat a second time for left over debris. Last grab a half dollar amount of coconut oil and massage it into your scalp. If you want to use more coconut oil, use it freely.

That's it! Follow these same steps for 2 or 3 days and your scalp dryness will be non-existent. Challenge yourself to use this treatment because it does indeed work. I have used this remedy personally, and it will save you tons on expensive treatment that probably will not work. Sometimes nature can heal a lot better, faster, and cheaper than any man could ever make or sell.
12-13-2014, 08:07 PM
What works for me is skipping a few days of shampooing. As you probably know, this lets the natural oils in your hair do it's thing.
01-15-2015, 11:21 AM
use some jojoba oil that is very good
01-30-2015, 02:17 PM
Have to agree that shampooing too much was my problem. Natural oils in your hair will do what's best.

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Itchy scalp with bumps and dandruff, is this a scalp condition? GoodHair 6 2,597 11-09-2015 04:23 AM
Last Post: kibria
  Oily scalp buildup: Dandruff, Sebum or Product residue? WesleyGarrett 0 594 09-21-2015 05:40 PM
Last Post: WesleyGarrett
  Home hair dyeing tips for men ElenaTheBarber 1 1,218 12-10-2014 03:08 PM
Last Post: Sunset
  Hair coloring at home and problems with hair dye box use? Robert 2 1,425 12-10-2014 10:49 AM
Last Post: ElenaTheBarber