Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend best mens quiff wax?
02-15-2015, 08:18 AM
Recommend best mens quiff wax?
Hey barbers can any of you recommend the best mens quiff wax? i would like to consider the quiff hairstyle as one of my new styles and hair wax is recommended in the forum and the book for quiff styles or stuff like the brush up hair style.
To give you all an idea this is what i want to have with a good quiff wax... i have left some tigi bed head styling wax.

[Image: QGbEVkF.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2015, 11:28 AM
Buy these styling wax products for a Quiff hairstyle.
Well, you already have a good styling wax for a Quiff, that's the TIGI Bedhead wax. Bear in mind that the TIGI styling wax is more for a matte hairstyle look, although the achieved finish is more natural than other styling waxes. This makes the TIGI Bed Head wax a good option for casual hairstyles and for messy hairstyles, including for Quiff hair styling, since that TIGI styling wax has a strong hold.

With a Quiff, you first want a strong hold. This is because a Quiff is what we call a vertical hairstyle, very similar to the Brush Up hairstyle, where the hair is styled up and with volume. A Quiff is concentrated on the forelock section of the head (i.e. front), whereas the Brush Up hairstyle spans all the top of the head.

So, bearing in mind a strong hold for your Quiff styling wax, you want to then go for textures and finished looks. As said, for a more-casual yet shaped look, go with the TIGI Bed Head wax that you already have. I'm assuming that you get it from the vendors we recommend, but in case you haven't or for anyone looking to purchase the TIGI Bed Head wax from the best place, then go with THIS vendor here.

For a shiny look, go with THIS styling wax. It's actually a styling rubber, which is a fancy name for a styling hair wax wax that allows you to style your hair as frequently as you want without having to reset your hair with water or by removing the wax. This makes the wax in the link a good one for shaping with plenty of shine, and shaping is something that you certainly want to achieve with a Quiff (remember, shaping is styling with a very strong hold).

For further shaping but this time with not so much shine but still with a more-modern artificial look with shine, go with THIS other wax. This styling wax (also a styling rubber) is great if you don't want the natural casual look of the TIGI Bed Head wax, nor do you want the high-shine look of the earlier (previous paragraph) styling rubber wax. Since these waxes I'm linking to aren't very expensive, you can always buy at least 2 of them and alternate with the hair styling looks depending on the day or your mood! Smile

Lastly, for those men with thin hair or thinning hair, styling a Quiff tends to be a problem as there's simply not enough thickness or hair density to provide volume for the Quiff hairstyle. In that case, hair thickening products can help in obtaining sufficient hair volume. As for a hair-thickening styling wax for men, go with THIS thickening wax that allows you to shape and style a Quiff with thin hair.

The above 4 hair styling waxes are great for shaping and styling a Quiff. Vertical hairstyles like this one do need a slightly more complex product that combines a strong hold with pro-shaping ingredients as you want your Quiff hairstyle to last you through the day and not just one or two hours as you'd otherwise get with low-quality hair-shaping products!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
02-15-2015, 02:17 PM
RE: Recommend best mens quiff wax?
Yeah I also agree with what was said above by admin and the waxes that he has recommended. I like how much hairstyle variety you can get within the same type of mens hair product. Hair waxes are an awesome example of the same type of product with so many different uses and looks. I was just replying to my thread on the Layrite vs Suavecito pomades and how you get different looks despite using the same type of product after all. You can see my pomade thread here if you're interested in knowing about them (not trying to derail thread tho, post above by admin is pretty much on target with what you need!).

I find that pomades also help when styling hairstyles like pompadours. Back in the day when all there was were oil soaked pomades, men would stuff their pompadours with pomades that had the consistency of engine oil Big Grin Good thing nowadays we have these hair waxes and pomade!
02-28-2015, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 07:27 AM by Machado.)
Right thanks for the replies, that helps a lot. I have tried pomade for the quiff hairstyle. It doesn't give me as much shaping as quiff wax. Maybe i was using the wrong pomade but i get better results from pomades when i use them for slicked hairstyles like the slick back undercut http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...s-products
I still think that its good idea having pomade and wax cause more of the hairstyles that you can do. With medium hair length you can go from slicked back undercut hairstyle to brush up hairstyle in minutes so you would use pomade for the slicked back undercut and then use wax for the brush up hairstyle.
03-05-2015, 08:11 AM
(02-28-2015 07:25 AM)Machado Wrote:  Right thanks for the replies, that helps a lot. I have tried pomade for the quiff hairstyle. It doesn't give me as much shaping as quiff wax. Maybe i was using the wrong pomade but i get better results from pomades when i use them for slicked hairstyles like the slick back undercut http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...s-products
I still think that its good idea having pomade and wax cause more of the hairstyles that you can do. With medium hair length you can go from slicked back undercut hairstyle to brush up hairstyle in minutes so you would use pomade for the slicked back undercut and then use wax for the brush up hairstyle.

If you're going to be styling a quiff hairstyle then go with the styling wax products that admin recommended above. Styling waxes are surely the best hair products for shaping those vertical hairstyles and the ones recommended by admin in his post will do the job greatly.

About pomade well it's the kind of product that it's great to have laying around in the house. A good pomade will always be handy for any new hairstyles you want to try. Also you will need a good pomade if you want to be styling a quiff or pompadour with anything else apart from a styling wax. The thread you posted gives you the recommended pomades that have a strong hold sufficient for quiff styling. You can also check the Layrite pomade review from Jurgen as that pomade in particular is awesome for styling a quiff and a pompadour.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mens Hair Products: Quick Useful 101 Guide The Hairstylist 2 316 10-26-2016 09:54 AM
Last Post: A London Barber
  Best mens hair conditioner for damaged hair hapaa 4 439 10-06-2016 04:19 AM
Last Post: oslec8
  Which hair products for quiff hairstyle and thinning hair? bryan1908 7 2,071 11-09-2015 11:49 PM
Last Post: bryan1908
  Good hair spray for men? recommend sprays please Robert 4 3,784 10-15-2015 05:57 PM
Last Post: crocks16