Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend a hairstyle that'd suit me!
11-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Recommend a hairstyle that'd suit me!
Hey! I've been looking for a haircut that'd suit me, just wanting a change really Smile
I've been told I look a lot like this guy and I had my hair cut similar to this in the summer:
[Image: 246009-photo-File-O90366-ef061--200x.jpg]

My hair's grown a lot since then, and now my hair looks alot like this:
[Image: ben-ben-kowalewicz-6967582-330-499.jpg]
[Image: bennnnnnnnnnnnnn.jpg]

Just looking for some styles that'd suit my face shape and hair colour, any recommendations are welcome!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2013, 10:59 AM
RE: Recommend a hairstyle that'd suit me!
Is the last picture you and your hair?

The haircut is a typical layered haircut similar to a taper but done with longer hair obviously, do you want that haircut (in th 1st picture) or you want another one? Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-12-2013, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 11:01 AM by connorhassle123.)
(11-12-2013 10:59 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Is the last picture you and your hair?

The haircut is a typical layered haircut similar to a taper but done with longer hair obviously, do you want that haircut (in th 1st picture) or you want another one? Smile

No, but put a picture of us side by side and you couldn't tell the difference Tongue And I'd like to try a new one thanks, any suggestions to one that'd suit me? Smile
11-12-2013, 11:16 AM
I would see you with a Shaggy hairstyle which goes very well for straight hair. A Shaggy hairstyle requires the right haircut so make sure your barber can do a Shaggy haircut which is basically the sides and back tapered short and the top is done with different lengths (ranging from 2 to 3 inches). You then style your hair with hair wax (this hair wax holds a Shaggy very well) by tousling the hair with your finger (the final look can be like you like just mess up your hair).

For all purposes, a Shaggy hairstyle and a Messy hairstyle are the same only that the shaggy hairstyle requires the specific haircut mentioned above. I suggest you read the messy hairstyles thread, you want to get something like this:

[Image: 98f5d843d64b4265a3d9b51b1b903e2e.jpg]

[Image: josh-radnor-2010-cbs-upfronts-051Ysb.jpg]

But it is important you get the haircut first. Ask for a shaggy haircut but go to a hair salon, not a barbershop as most barbers don't know what a shaggy haircut is (well, except for Barber here in the forum Big Grin)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-12-2013, 11:42 AM
(11-12-2013 11:16 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  I would see you with a Shaggy hairstyle which goes very well for straight hair. A Shaggy hairstyle requires the right haircut so make sure your barber can do a Shaggy haircut which is basically the sides and back tapered short and the top is done with different lengths (ranging from 2 to 3 inches). You then style your hair with hair wax (this hair wax holds a Shaggy very well) by tousling the hair with your finger (the final look can be like you like just mess up your hair).

For all purposes, a Shaggy hairstyle and a Messy hairstyle are the same only that the shaggy hairstyle requires the specific haircut mentioned above. I suggest you read the messy hairstyles thread, you want to get something like this:

[Image: 98f5d843d64b4265a3d9b51b1b903e2e.jpg]

[Image: josh-radnor-2010-cbs-upfronts-051Ysb.jpg]

But it is important you get the haircut first. Ask for a shaggy haircut but go to a hair salon, not a barbershop as most barbers don't know what a shaggy haircut is (well, except for Barber here in the forum Big Grin)

Thanks for all the help, I'll take a look at the thread now!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 63 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Medium slickback hairstyle Gias98 0 286 10-20-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: Gias98
  Help identify my hair for a new hairstyle gabriel777 2 309 10-18-2016 09:34 AM
Last Post: gabriel777
  Long hair side shaved grow to man bun hairstyle or top knot? darkguy2 3 308 10-17-2016 08:44 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz