Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Receding hairline and thinning, help with hairstyle?!
05-14-2015, 04:38 PM
Receding hairline and thinning, help with hairstyle?!
At 22 I'm panicking a bit because my hair is something a treasure, yet I'm receding at the front and losing hair on the crown. Not going to waste my time with the products in the shop because they're a waste of money. However, I've tried all sorts of styles to compensate the loss of hair- some people say they can't notice it but with a closer look it's clear. I'd really love the Brad Pitt "Fury" undercut look but I don't think my hairline could pull it off!
I just really want to know what to do with it, I'm losing density too which isn't great and it's not 100% straight hair, it can be quite wavy.
Sorry for the long post (I'm new to this and trying to give as much info as I can!)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2015, 08:27 AM
It's best that you post pictures of your hairline and thinning to choose hairstyles.
Welcome on board, Jack. Your concern is a common one and there are hairstyles that benefit a receding hairline. However, it's best that you post some hair pictures to get a better idea of your current hairline and crown. I've upgraded your account so that you can post pictures, and the best way to go about posting pictures is to upload them to a free image hosting site (we recommend IMGur as it is done in seconds).

Like you've mentioned, there's a lot of snake oil being sold in shops to treat and even cure male hair loss. Unfortunately, the reality is that there is no cure for the regular type of male hair loss (also known as male pattern baldness), and the only products which are shown to work on treating male pattern baldness are minoxidil and finasteride (along with dutasteride).

Have a look or bookmark our list of hair loss products for men to keep an eye on good and affordable sources of minoxidil as well as of other products that are great adjuncts to treat male pattern baldness. We also have in the following link a great discussion on hair nutrients for male hair where we talk about nutrients such as vitamins and minerals that benefit male pattern baldness when treated with a first line of defense as minoxidil or finasteride.

When you post your pictures, do also let us known of when your hairline receding and thinning started (as in at what age). A slicked back hairstyle like Brad Pitt's Fury haircut may very well not be the best hairstyle for your hairline receding, as such type of haircuts and slicked back styles expose the hairline fully. In any case, let's wait to see your pictures and then we will see.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New hairstyle for straight hair - Quiff or long hairstyles? Wayne Baskin 0 168 09-23-2016 09:22 AM
Last Post: Wayne Baskin
  Hair Too Straight and Thick! Want Natural Combover Hairstyle StraightHairProblems 0 281 09-06-2016 03:15 AM
Last Post: StraightHairProblems
  Help with styling products for Caesar haircut - Hayden Cassidy hairstyle KIERANHIN95 1 297 07-01-2016 06:59 AM
Last Post: KIERANHIN95
  How to style fluffy curly hair into soft straight hairstyle MustafaZorrok 0 347 06-28-2016 03:25 PM
Last Post: MustafaZorrok