Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Receding hairline?
05-26-2014, 03:49 PM
Receding hairline?
Just wanted to know , How would you know if your hairline is receding or if you have a naturally high hairline? , I have had very long hair for a while but have had it cut recently and have noticed the high hairline , Im just wondering is there any way to find out if it is high hairline or receding hairline. Im 18 so quite young if it is a receding hairline though I know it has happened to people younger.

If so what can you do to prevent it or atleast slow it down , I have looked into it a little and found that it is a lot harder to prevent (If not impossible) than losing hair in other areas of your head?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2014, 04:34 AM
RE: Receding hairline?
Jonny, post pictures of your scalp to see your case.

I know you have The Men's Hair Book, so in the Hair Care chapter you will find how to identify your receding line and keep track of it (if you're indeed receding). The method that Rogelio covers in the book is the best method to use for pro-actively keeping an eye on one's hairline.

[Image: WySY1EY.jpg]

You can identify your hairline with the classic Norwood scale, although every male's hairline will differ a little. Usually, when the receding of the temples is approaching the vertical line of the ears (from a lateral view) is when you should start to worry and act fast. It is very easy for a male to go onto a Norwood II without realizing what's going on until he's approaching a Norwood III.

Do bear in mind that there is also a type of alopecia (i.e. balding) known as diffuse patterned alopecia (or diffuse unpatterned alopecia), where the hair thins and falls evenly across the top of the scalp without the typical hairline receding. This type of hair loss is the hair loss of Rafa Nadal who is losing his hair all over the top of his head while maintaining his regular hairline.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-29-2014, 02:08 PM
Just seen some information on the internet about hair loss / thinning hair / receding hairline as well as the quality of your hair being affected by your diet (I have read this in the book made by rogello ) as well but right now (And have for a while) ive had a terrible diet , A lot of fatty foods and I can almost guarantee I wouldn't be getting all the right benefits from a good diet , So the question is , If a diet affects hairloss or can contribute to hairloss , Would correcting that , Then correct the hair problem (Receding hairline or hair loss etc?) or would it just prolong what you have?
05-30-2014, 03:09 PM
(05-29-2014 02:08 PM)Jonny Wrote:  Just seen some information on the internet about hair loss / thinning hair / receding hairline as well as the quality of your hair being affected by your diet (I have read this in the book made by rogelio ) as well but right now (And have for a while) ive had a terrible diet , A lot of fatty foods and I can almost guarantee I wouldn't be getting all the right benefits from a good diet , So the question is , If a diet affects hair loss or can contribute to hairloss , Would correcting that , Then correct the hair problem (Receding hairline or hair loss etc?) or would it just prolong what you have?

Jonny, ultimately, male pattern baldness (which is what men suffer from) is determined genetically and mediated through one's susceptibility to organic factors such inflammation, DHT response locally and nutrition as well as environmental factors such as tobacco smoke, xenoestrogens and certain medications (like anabolic androgenic steroids).

By having a good nutrition plan made to feed the follicle with optimal nutrition, you will be attenuating, in as much as it is genetically possible, the male pattern baldness process.

There is no cure for male pattern baldness, and I repeat that again: there is NO cure for male pattern baldness, not even hair transplants work 100%. Anyone claiming to have a cure for male pattern baldness is a downright liar willing to take advantage of people who are at a desperate point in their lives.

Now, is having an optimal diet that is hair-friendly worth one's time and effort if suffering from male pattern baldness? Absolutely. Will it stop male pattern baldness? No, it may slow it down or, even in very lucky scenarios, slow it down so much that it looks like it has stopped, but there is no getting away from male pattern baldness.

In other words, if you try to have a nutritious hair-friendly diet while suffering from male pattern baldness, you "may" (impossible to state an exact number) keep your hair for a good extra number of years. Furthermore, a hair-friendly diet will improve the quality of your hair as well as its overall aesthetics, so trying to get a good diet in as well as adding a couple of nutritional supplements (if at all) to get optimal levels of nutrients on a daily basis is certainly worth the effort for someone who wants to look his best, both hair wise and in overall aesthetics.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
07-08-2014, 09:31 AM
(05-30-2014 03:09 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(05-29-2014 02:08 PM)Jonny Wrote:  Just seen some information on the internet about hair loss / thinning hair / receding hairline as well as the quality of your hair being affected by your diet (I have read this in the book made by rogelio ) as well but right now (And have for a while) ive had a terrible diet , A lot of fatty foods and I can almost guarantee I wouldn't be getting all the right benefits from a good diet , So the question is , If a diet affects hair loss or can contribute to hairloss , Would correcting that , Then correct the hair problem (Receding hairline or hair loss etc?) or would it just prolong what you have?

Jonny, ultimately, male pattern baldness (which is what men suffer from) is determined genetically and mediated through one's susceptibility to organic factors such inflammation, DHT response locally and nutrition as well as environmental factors such as tobacco smoke, xenoestrogens and certain medications (like anabolic androgenic steroids).

By having a good nutrition plan made to feed the follicle with optimal nutrition, you will be attenuating, in as much as it is genetically possible, the male pattern baldness process.

There is no cure for male pattern baldness, and I repeat that again: there is NO cure for male pattern baldness, not even hair transplants work 100%. Anyone claiming to have a cure for male pattern baldness is a downright liar willing to take advantage of people who are at a desperate point in their lives.

Now, is having an optimal diet that is hair-friendly worth one's time and effort if suffering from male pattern baldness? Absolutely. Will it stop male pattern baldness? No, it may slow it down or, even in very lucky scenarios, slow it down so much that it looks like it has stopped, but there is no getting away from male pattern baldness.

In other words, if you try to have a nutritious hair-friendly diet while suffering from male pattern baldness, you "may" (impossible to state an exact number) keep your hair for a good extra number of years. Furthermore, a hair-friendly diet will improve the quality of your hair as well as its overall aesthetics, so trying to get a good diet in as well as adding a couple of nutritional supplements (if at all) to get optimal levels of nutrients on a daily basis is certainly worth the effort for someone who wants to look his best, both hair wise and in overall aesthetics.

is there any documentation outlining the good dieting?
while my diet isn't best, It is quite reminiscent of the one that pros I work out with are using.
07-28-2014, 08:48 AM
I think you just have to pay attention to it
07-28-2014, 11:57 AM
(07-08-2014 09:31 AM)Foques Wrote:  is there any documentation outlining the good dieting?
while my diet isn't best, It is quite reminiscent of the one that pros I work out with are using.

A good diet for optimal hair health is one that is nutrient dense and slightly hypercaloric as the growing of hair requires nutrients and calories. We are talking of the optimal environment to grow healthy hair, and this environment isn't always possible.

We have covered the optimal nutrients for hair health in this hair supplements discussion where we talk about the most-essential nutrients for good hair health, such as vitamin A and fish oil.

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help. Not sure about the state of my hairline. Rivere 0 398 10-21-2016 01:51 PM
Last Post: Rivere
Shocked 21 years old. I am going bald, having maturing hairline or just paranoic HardRocker995 0 1,246 09-22-2016 09:30 AM
Last Post: HardRocker995
  Hair receding or maturing? Possible balding with receding hairline Relinquish 2 1,150 08-18-2016 01:17 AM
Last Post: Relinquish
  Receding Hairline or Maturing Hairline or Neither? GoodHair 17 92,756 08-04-2016 02:01 AM
Last Post: 16 years old