Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Receding Hairline/corners or Maturing Hairline - 23
03-24-2015, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 02:23 PM by AbundantHair.)
Receding Hairline/corners or Maturing Hairline - 23
My parents think I'm paranoid at 23 but I recently (within the last year) have noticed deep corners at the side of my hairline. I want to make sure it's not a receding or balding pattern hairline. I've always had tons of hair growing up (I'm part middle eastern), but notice when I comb over my hair to one side, you can see the chunk missing beneath the combed over portion where the corner goes inward. I went back through all my pictures and it appears to some degree that I've had this since sophomore year of college. But I'm not sure if it's getting worse or I'm just over-worrying. Genetically, one male cousin on my moms side is bald, but none of my uncles are. No one is bald on my paternal a family's side. I will attach pictures when I get to my computer.

Any things to look out for would be most appreciated. Should I be looking for hair shedding? Or thinning patches in other areas? Do I need 50 posts before I can post an image?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2015, 10:15 AM
You can easily have the same hairline currently as your sophomore year!
Welcome on the forum even if it's for an unfortunate task.

First of all, it's very easy to not notice one's hairline over the years if the hair is kept at a medium length. Many guys are surprised to find that their current hairline (which has some insertion deep in the temples) is the same as they had when they were 18 years old. Since you mention something similar, I would first go with that explanation.

Also, when did you hit puberty? I have a feeling you were an early bloomer by your post, but I want to confirm it. By hitting puberty, I mean when did you start having facial hair and genital hair? This is important to know, so it ain't just an awkward question Smile

Yes, your best bet is to show us pictures of your hairline, both currently and any sophomore year pictures of your hairline/hair that you have or pictures of your hairline or hair when you were 17 or 18 years of age if possible so as to contrast them.

I have upgraded your account to post pictures. Try to use IMGur.com as the registration is very fast and they aren't spammy unlike other free picture hosting sites. You can also upload the pictures at IMGur.com on the go and in seconds without having to register; it's that easy.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-02-2015, 06:57 PM
RE: Receding Hairline/corners or Maturing Hairline - 23
I'm new here I notice ive been losing my hair in the corner in top back of my head due to smoking cigarette I'm qutting tomorrow. I need help finding what can I do to take care of it cause these pass two years I wasn't.
04-13-2015, 05:14 PM
Hi guys, thank you for the response.

So recently I went to see the dermatologist and she confirmed it was recession but that's part of the normal aging process. She said, "It's normal, it makes you look like a man." Anyway, I wanted to include the images just in case from a wide span of years. I hit puberty late (around 16) and still don't have full facial hair. I've been noticing my hairline more recently (once last year), but I've also been smoking weed very frequently. Some people think that regular smoking may affect testosterone levels including acne outbreaks, scalp hair loss, and excessive hair growth elsewhere. Either way, I'm kicking the habit.

As I mentioned, everyone on my mom's side has his hair except for my direct cousin. Everyone on my dad's side has plenty of hair. I'm starting to take biotin every day. Is there anything else that is good for hair health?

These are from approximately two years ago:

[Image: Qb5oxv3.jpg]

[Image: mams2xC.jpg]

[Image: j9hgqWo.jpg]

Now, from a couple weeks back:

[Image: YhTKt7m.jpg]

[Image: vBRYxmf.jpg]

[Image: rqp0liR.jpg]
04-16-2015, 10:35 PM
bump bump Smile Smile
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help. Not sure about the state of my hairline. Rivere 0 394 10-21-2016 01:51 PM
Last Post: Rivere
Shocked 21 years old. I am going bald, having maturing hairline or just paranoic HardRocker995 0 1,233 09-22-2016 09:30 AM
Last Post: HardRocker995
  Hair receding or maturing? Possible balding with receding hairline Relinquish 2 1,145 08-18-2016 01:17 AM
Last Post: Relinquish
  Receding Hairline or Maturing Hairline or Neither? GoodHair 17 92,629 08-04-2016 02:01 AM
Last Post: 16 years old