Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rastafari Hairstyles: Old Black Guy with Epic Long Dreadlocks in White
08-30-2016, 12:43 PM
Rastafari Hairstyles: Old Black Guy with Epic Long Dreadlocks in White

Rastafari long dreadlocks hairstyle for black men of all ages!

Here's an inspiring picture of a senior Rastafari black male with an impressive mane of white long dreadlocks. Knowing this myself, the old Rastafari gentleman in the picture still maintains a salt-and-pepper color on his hair but decided to bleach his dreadlocks, along with his beard, for a very-contrasted styling effect.

Men with long hair are certainly a rarity: about 2/3 of men over 60 are balding, so long hair in older men is seen as impressive, much more if the hairline has not receded and is full as per the gentleman below.

[Image: 43a0a806ebeadb2cbdfb07190274e64d.jpg]

Some quick facts about the long Rastafarian dreadlocks hairstyle and haircut as displayed in the above picture:
  • The hairstyle name is called dreadlocks and is a type of hairstyle that is popular among black males and men with kinky-curly hair. Among Rastafarian males, the dreadlocks hairstyle is the de-facto hairstyle, and some Rastafari males dye, color and bleach their dreads for a more-personalized look.
  • The haircut is a layered haircut. It (i.e. the layer haircut) was performed prior to growing the dreadlocks fully (this is a very important point).
  • There's no real styling of the long dreadlocks; the hair is left to hang down on its own. Natural oils and butter work to keep the dreadlocks groomed. Shea butter is an excellent hair product for men with dreadlocks and all kinds of locs.
  • If you want to achieve the same hair length and you're starting your baseline hair growth from short hair as in a buzz cut, Ivy League haircut or any type of haircut shorter than 2 inches, then expect to have to wait 3 to 5 years to achieve this hair length. If you're above the age of 50 years of age, then add an extra year of hair growth to this given range (i.e. 4 to 6 years instead of 3 to 5 years). Hair growth in older matured men is slightly slower than hair growth in healthy adult males (16 to 49 years of age).
Any questions? Feel free to ask them and, likewise, feel free to rate this hairstyle on the top-right corner of this page (i.e. the star-rating system)! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2016, 01:27 PM
Another older black male with a Rasfari long dreadlocks hairstyle for his gray hair.
For reference as to how how older Rastafarian males still maintain their long hair in all kinds of locks, here's another picture of a long-haired male Rastafari with graying dreadlocks.

[Image: 829a120403041c3c229dbc07e1495764.jpg]

Regardless of hair-styling option (i.e. whether dreadlocks or not), I think that we can all agree that a head full of long healthy locks can look pretty aesthetic on a senior male; that's if, and only "if", there's no balding going on top of the head!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Frohawk hairstyle for kinky curly black men - Pictures TheMensHairForum 0 145 10-10-2016 08:07 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  360 Waves Hairstyle with Epic Wolfing - Black Men Haircuts TheMensHairForum 0 185 09-20-2016 12:43 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
Thumbs Up Jared Leto Hairstyle with Long Slicked Back Hair Picture TheMensHairForum 1 2,124 12-31-2015 06:29 PM
Last Post: LongHairForMen
  Epic Ivy League Haircut with Quiff Hairstyle and Bleached Hair TheMensHairForum 1 1,355 12-15-2015 04:06 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c