Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rafa Nadal hair loss: This picture proves he is balding!
10-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Rafa Nadal hair loss: This picture proves he is balding!
We had been talking of this many moths ago and now it is far too visible. We are talking of Rafa Nadal's hair loss. He cut his hair short some days ago & now his scalp can be seen thru easily & shows the extent of the hair loss & thinning.

In our Rafa Nadal's hair loss thread we were talking of his fast balding. The type of balding of Rafa Nadal is one that is not vert common & which does not follow the typical male pattern baldness - MPB - process.

In the picture below of Rafa Nadal hair loss, you can see how his temples are untouched. in MPB - the typical male baldness - the hair loss starts at the temples & progresses back. In the case of Nada, his hair loss has been all across the top of his head, instead of starting at the temples & meeting the vertex - aka crown or back of the top of the head.

The actual name of the type of hair loss that Rafa Nadal suffers from is diffuse patterned alopecia. This is also a type of male baldness but it is a rare one. The hair loss & thinning is spread across the top of the head evenly. Ultimately the person suffering from diffuse patterned alopecia loses all of the hair on the top of his head & only has the hair on the low parts of the sides & back of the head left.

Rafa Nadal is 28 years old. His balding is thus a bit premature since in 2 years he is likely to be 90% bald. This is proof that you never know when MPB can hit you & that you should be taking advantage of the years you have left with your hair Smile

[Image: 1412352988_768231_1412353123_noticia_grande.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2014, 03:33 PM
Rafa Nadal balding.
Damn! I hadn't seen that picture of Rafa Nadal's hair. Good catch, Jurgen.

You can really see how the thinning and loss spread evenly across the scalp, just as we predicted months ago when he had longer hair and we could see the pattern. It certainly isn't the classic male pattern baldness model where the temples and vertex meet eventually. It's quite a textbook diffuser patterned alopecia case.

You could already see in Rafa Nadal's hair loss pictures of early 2014 how not even his long hair could hide the problem. Being 28 years old and considering that not until that long ago Rafa had a thick full mane of wavy locks, I think he is going to go down fast.

Not that he cares about his hair since the guy has enough success and money to have any woman he wants. I just hope that he doesn't turn into another Andre Agassi with the infamous wig! Big Grin

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-07-2014, 08:51 AM
RE: Rafa Nadal hair loss: This picture proves he is balding!
wow!! We all did see the progressing pics in that other discussion thread but this latest pic is really bad news for him. Amazed at how fast his hair loss has progressed.
I am curious to know if Nadal as a professional tennis player having to put so much physical effort over the year could have affected his hair loss. Any takers on this question?
10-15-2014, 10:39 AM
That looks pretty bad to be honest. I read the hair loss thread of his and was pretty impressed at how he has gone downhill so fast (I am talking of his hair, not tennis performance). I can't believe he is still under 30 years of age yet has the hair of a 45 year old.

I did notice Nadal's hair loss when i saw him in the news in summer. It didn't look as bad as that pic but it still look bad enough to be noticed. Since the pic in this thread is the latest pic of his hair, then one can only wonder how devastating it must be to him losing his hair so young.

Has Nadal ever mentioned anything about his hair loss like other celebrities do or like Andre Agassi did back in his days? Anyone know if Nadal is on hair loss medications? I am only curious since famous guys tend to react differently to their hair loss. I still remember when I read the forum thread of Ben Affleck and his doll hair. Now that was a good laugh! Big Grin
10-19-2014, 07:10 AM
And you guys were talking about his balding like a year ago when no one else suspected Rafa Nadal going bald! rofl crazy how you were all talking bout his hair loss in that thread just when it was hinting he was balding. Its balding is the one you also predicted "diffuse patterned" hair loss and not the MPB like most guys. Maybe you mods should open a section in the hair loss section where you charge for consultations. I just read Jurgen also spotted Ces Fabregas hair loss. You guys are onto something with all these predictions. I wanna be next to be assessed! Big Grin
07-04-2015, 09:34 AM
New July 2015 hair loss update on Rafael Nadal's baldness and thinning.
Well, it has been exactly 9 months since the last update of that first picture of Rafa Nadal balding, so here are 3 more pictures of him. Rafa Nadal's hair has gone from bad to worse and the thinning is taking over the top of his head.

We can confirm that the type of hair loss of Nadal is "diffuse patterned alopecia" instead of the more-typical male pattern baldness that starts with a receding hairline. Instead, diffuse patterned alopecia leads to thinning and eventual hair loss all across the top of the head without the frontal hairline receding.

With the above said, diffuse patterned alopecia works via the same mechanism as male pattern baldness, with genes, dihydrotestosterone and scalp inflammation playing a crucial role in the development of both types of male hair loss. Likewise, diffuse patterned alopecia responds to both minoxidil and finasteride as well as to other hair loss products just as male pattern baldness responds to them too.

These 3 pictures of Rafael Nadal's hair loss were taken during an interview right after he lost a match against Dustin Brown during the 2015 Wimbledon Championships on the 2nd July 2015, which was indeed an early defeat for the Spaniard.

Apparently the Spanish press has taken notice of Nadal's hair loss and is talking about it, concerned that Rafa may be going through a stressful period of his life (and hence the hair loss, although this is incorrect since the hair loss of Nadal isn't the type of hair loss caused by stress). I've been seen more Spanish newspapers referencing our forum news and picture updates on the baldness progression of Rafa Nadal, but could any Spanish forum members confirm what the Spanish press is saying?

[Image: 1435871154_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg]

[Image: cOfAPco.jpg]

[Image: WO7Z2ji.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cesc Fabregas hair loss and balding pictures Jurgen 11 25,050 11-18-2015 11:33 AM
Last Post: Super-Zen
  David Beckham balding and receding hairline from man bun? Mike Lowe 2 4,705 11-18-2015 10:15 AM
Last Post: Super-Zen
  Brad Pitt buzzcut hairstyle advice with short hair picture Mane Man 2 5,276 06-28-2015 02:20 PM
Last Post: Africa
  Is David Beckham balding or thinning hair? Hair loss picture The Kid 1 5,384 05-30-2015 09:04 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum