Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rafa Nadal Hair Loss Pictures with Baldness Explanation Too
01-31-2017, 11:36 AM
Video Rafa Nadal Hair Loss Pictures with Baldness Explanation Too
Here on this forum, we have been covering the progressive balding of Rafa Nadal, a popular professional tennis player. His balding is of the rarer type: an irreversible hair-loss condition known as diffuse patterned alopecia, which we've covered in the forum too (see the link). Diffuse patterned alopecia is the second type of androgenetic alopecia that affects males and which, once it starts, there's no way of stopping it. As the name also implies, this condition is hereditary and a high risk of inheriting it is associated with a family member also being afflicted by it (e.g. if your uncle had androgenetic alopecia, you have a high risk of balding too, even if you have a lustrous mane thus far).

The hair-loss case of Rafa Nadal is interesting in that there are not a lot of male celebrities with diffuse-patterned alopecia. The most common scenario with androgenetic alopecia is that of male pattern baldness: the forehead's hairline starts to recede at the temples while the vertex (i.e. crown area) thins out and eventually develops a bald patch that progressively spreads out. With diffuse patterned alopecia, as is the case of Rafa Nadal, the hair is lost evenly across the top of the head with no distinctive receding of the hairline. This is why we always recommend to keep an eye on your hair's density, and not just on your hairline, if you're worried about having inherited androgenetic alopecia. Around 5% of all androgenetic-alopecia cases are of the diffuse-patterned type.

As part of our documenting of Rafa Nadal's hair loss, I'm posting some very-recent pictures of Rafa Nadal in which his diffuse-patterned hair loss is very noticeable and a lot worst than when we started documenting it in 2013 (we were the first in the world to document his hair loss as soon as we saw the first signs of it). Indeed, diffuse-patterned alopecia usually develops very rapidly in men who are in their 20s, and, by the age of 35, one can expect to have lost all of one's hair on the top of the head. In other words, diffuse patterned alopecia is a very unforgiving hair-loss condition that will wreak havoc on a male's self-confidence and mental state.

The pictures of Rafael Nada's hair loss are from the game that he played against Roger Federer in the final stage of the 2017 Australian Open. Nadal got a new haircut and was sporting much-shorter hair than what we're used to seeing on him. He wore a side part hairstyle with an medium-length tapered haircut. In the pictures below, it's quite evident that he's trying to subtly hide some of his hair loss by using a fattened hairstyle as the side-parted hairstyle is.

Please see the next post below for Rafa Nadal's hair loss pictures.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2017, 11:43 AM
Pictures of Rafael Nadal's baldness and Roger Federer's hair loss.
Below you'll find the set of pictures depicting Nadal's hair loss. Incidentally, Roger Federer has too started to bald, although Roger Federer's hair loss follows the most-common pattern of first having one's hairline recede at the temples. You can see the initial balding stage (i.e. a Norwood II closing in to a Norwood III) of Roger Federer in the last two photographs.

[Image: NjPW9io.jpg]

[Image: pz3BLim.jpg]

[Image: yZLMmvs.jpg]

[Image: KR8LRjU.jpg]

[Image: F1lB145.jpg]

[Image: uuHzIMF.jpg]

[Image: MJWzaRo.jpg]

[Image: pN8jkDt.jpg]

[Image: WZYbdoa.jpg]

[Image: OfvutDP.jpg]

[Image: GQdnze5.jpg]

[Image: iUMiVNe.jpg]

[Image: msSWEs8.jpg]

[Image: inU1M1L.jpg]

[Image: nmxyhrj.jpg]

[Image: 3ydzqJX.jpg]

[Image: WYH6XVG.jpg]

[Image: qjIaEip.jpg]

[Image: 3Sh39II.jpg]

[Image: PbJbQ4C.jpg]

[Image: z4boatY.jpg]

[Image: S6xKJNf.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Jake Gyllenhaal hairstyle - Slicked Back Hair Style Pictures TheMensHairForum 2 8,671 01-31-2017 11:52 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Josh Mario John Haircut, Hairstyles and Hair Guide with Pictures TheMensHairForum 3 4,509 10-23-2016 02:11 PM
  Leo Messi New Haircut Pictures with Blonde Hairstyle Look! TheMensHairForum 1 12,921 07-27-2016 11:35 AM
Star World Leaders Rocking Man Bun Hairstyles - Epic Pictures! TheMensHairForum 2 3,297 03-27-2016 03:22 PM