Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Product which will allow me to style hair easy?
05-22-2015, 02:45 PM
Product which will allow me to style hair easy?
Ok so I have a bowl cut but short around the sides, it is faded though which allows my hair to not stick out and sit flat nicely. When i say bowl cut not like an actual one... it goes down flat and then i have a heavy fringe which swings off to the left.

My problem is I have bought hair products in the past of which tend to be hard to use... like you have to rub them in your hand and it still ends up being too tough... i put it in and it just makes my hair greasy and doesn't have any hold or texture. I need like quite a easy to use almost liquid... at least not like clay product which allows me to put it in easy and style but keep my hair in a firm position so it doesn't blow around a lot and i don't have to keep rearranging it... also if it can add texture... make it a bit wavy which i guess will come with hope i use the stuff.

I was thinking of using a mouse which would calm my hair in the morning and maybe a hair spray which would allow me to add texture and position my hair nicely... i'm not looking to stick it up... but with gels that are weak it almost just absorbs into my hair which is straight and thick!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2015, 07:23 AM
Thumbs Up The best hair products for your hairstyles will depend on the hold that you want.
Good question, although I'm not 100% clear on what you're after. Are you looking to keep your hair flat throughout the day? Or are you looking to style your hair up or with some volume, essentially making your hairstyle flat-less? Likewise, do you need a hairstyling product with a strong hold too so that your hair doesn't move and stays positioned in the same hairstyle that you did in the morning?

The answers to the questions above are important so as to narrow down the best hairstyling products for your case.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-26-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: Product which will allow me to style hair easy?
I would like something that keeps my hair flat but would allow me to add texture at like the fringe. Perhaps make my hair a bit messy on top not just straight but almost a bit wavy.
Thanks!
05-26-2015, 07:51 PM
I would like to link you this guys hair but i need to do 50 posts.
But i don't want it puffy at the top so much. I guess that will be down to how i apply it.
05-27-2015, 06:35 AM
Thick straight hair tends to give hairstyle problems at short hair lengths!
Steve, I've upgraded your account so that you can post pictures. Please embed them on your post by copying the URL of the image. Just right click on the image, then left click on "Copy Image Address" or a similar label to get th image UL, The embed it here in the post or post it as a link and I will embed it for you.

If possible, try to post a picture of your current hairstyle so that we have an idea of your current hairstyle. Straight thick hair can be a bit of a pain to style because such a hair type with thick hair strands acts as a brush. The hair simply stands vertical at low lengths and is close to impossible to style unless you gain some extra hair length or use a strong holding hair product for men.

Let us see what it is that you want done! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-27-2015, 07:45 AM
Thanks a lot! My phone is currently charging. I have found a person who's hair is very similar to mine although my fringe is more swept and doesn't go much below the eyebrow.

[Image: ErToI9r.jpg]

Where as i would like a style more like these:

[Image: 26d31633525e681e6e27eb9b37bd7043.jpg]

[Image: 5e6115181b9583b03c359a8bd729d45e.jpg]

[Image: 3436e285b6e733518db2967227c721b6.jpg]

My hair towards the bottom (around the ear) it is not as thick so i can have it cut as short as 1.5/2. I have it sort of blended so up where the hair line is... like in the first image but a bit shorter.. it is quite long. When i go about my daily stuff i do find my hair becomes even more flat and straight... i find myself having to adjust my hair a lot so it's not so dead straight like in the first picture. My hair is similar to those 3 links of which the hair is fairly long on the top of the side of the head but shorter/blended closer to the ear.

I will add a picture later if needed.

Thanks Big Grin
05-27-2015, 10:40 AM
Ok guys i've got a picture of my hair.

I am due a haircut soon, my hair does grow very fast. If you see the second link of the group of 3... my hair is cut almost as short as that but blended on the sides and with a longer fringe. Not sure if mine currently is still classed as medium but when it's cut i'm sure it is.

[Image: utnm1U4.png]
05-30-2015, 12:45 PM
Hey guys. Just wondering what you think? This post has suddenly gone dead :O
05-30-2015, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2015 02:59 PM by GoodHair.)
I think using a blow dryer and some styling cream should do the trick. Based on the pictures you added, it's basically a loosely held hairstyle which shouldn't be too hard too achieve if you already have the right cut (which looks like you do based off the picture you added). Just blow dry your hair how you want, and then use the styling cream for hold and also for a little bit of definition.

Styling cream is pretty much what is sounds like, a cream. It doesn't need to be emulsified like wax and washes out pretty easily. It's used for medium-long length hairstyles, and often has a light hold and low-medium shine. As for which styling cream to get, check out this thread, which explains what each type of product does, as well as a few suggested products which guys on the forum have tried and recommend.
05-30-2015, 04:10 PM
Thanks! My hair is quite thick though would something stronger be needed? Do you know how to properly put in such creams? In the past i've mad sure not to rub it into the roots as i've heard that makes hair greasy. I've kind of rubbed it into the top.
It is £22 for the recommended styling cream on that link... is there anything which is cheaper i can try out? Because if i find that it doesn't work and perhaps wax is better for me... £22 is a fair bit considering i've already spent a fair bit on other stuff.

Thanks again!

I have got VO5 surfstyle paste, not sure if thats good or not. Quite cheap i think though.
06-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Can anyone else help? Kind of stuck here... either styling cream or wax. Thing is my hair is very thick I'm not sure something with a mild hold will allow me to texture it that much.
06-02-2015, 08:14 PM
So far I have been using American Crew Forming Cream. Still it gets a little tough to style my hair unless I blow dry it first. But then again my hair is pretty thin. I have a few friends with extremely thick and stubborn hair, and they only use wax since it is the only thing that works for them. The only downside to using wax is that most of them will give you a shiny finish, so it might not be the best fit if you want a natural look in your hair.
06-07-2015, 04:01 PM
Got a haircut today. Used clean cut styling paste my hairdresser gave me. It created a good texture and allowed me to play with my hair easy and apply it well. But that texture after a while didn't hold... within like 1 hour my hair was back to being flat. I'm thinking i need a stronger hold?
Do you think wax will be better? The styling paste did say medium hold. As my hair is apparently pretty thick... i don't think styling paste is enough.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Need a new style help me zach2349 0 170 10-11-2016 09:14 AM
Last Post: zach2349
  How to style fluffy curly hair into soft straight hairstyle MustafaZorrok 0 394 06-28-2016 03:25 PM
Last Post: MustafaZorrok
Photo Hair Style Question - Bradley Cooper, etc. mattkaminski 0 533 01-05-2016 02:24 PM
Last Post: mattkaminski
  Straight hair with volume product problems to hold hairstyles confused 2 798 10-15-2015 01:14 PM
Last Post: confused