Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Prince William hair loss and hair thinning, pictures inside
01-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Prince William hair loss and hair thinning, pictures inside
The other day, I saw some pictures of Prince William (British prince) and he has gone through massive hair loss and thinning via male pattern baldness. I hadn't seen pictures of Prince William since his wedding and I took noticed of Prince William's hair loss at that time and how we was a Norwood IV at age 28, and that's considering the extensive retouching he must have had on his hair for the wedding.

Currently, Prince William at age 32 is a solid Norwood IV on his way to a Norwood V male pattern bald stage which he will get there in two to three years if he continues at this stage. In cases such as the one of Prince William's baldness, this is what is considered "premature male pattern baldness" in that the balding occurs way before what the average balding occurs in men. Having a Norwood IV by age 32 is uncommon, but it certainly happens!

I remember Prince William had a thick blond mane back in his early teens, the kind you would never suspect would disappear so early. As far as I can tell, Prince William was going bald (as in MPB started) in his mid 20s and even had plenty of hair in his early 20s.

Poor fella, male pattern baldness is one son of a ... but being able see your scalp at age 28 due to extensive hair thinning and hair loss can really affect a man's self-esteem and confidence. But then, if you think about it, he still managed to get a beautiful woman, start a family and has all the privileges he wants. Not to mention what he will have "when" he becomes King, although that itself is a very debatable topic and more of a "when", it is an "if" (just ask our UK forum members Wink )

Ok below are the pictures of Prince William's hair loss, I have posted first the pics from his wedding, followed by pics of William from late 2013. Lastly, I have posted some pics of his when he was a teenager and young adult so you see the radical change his tresses have gone through.

Wedding pictures Prince William's wedding in April 2011

You can clearly see his scalp and the thinning has been taking some strong effect already with some noticeable hair loss. In his case, the crown (vertex) has had lots of hair thinning and the hair loss while the temples have receded plenty but still look OK from the front which is a classic sign of a Norwood IV. However, the pictures that show his crown are the ones that really do tell the whole story of his male pattern baldness.

[Image: bp25.jpg]

[Image: prince-william-04-300.jpg]

[Image: Royal-Wedding-Prince-Will-006.jpg]

[Image: article-1382178-0BD85D6700000578-391_964x898.jpg]

Pictures from 2013

[Image: article-2518959-19E57AD600000578-301_964x614.jpg]

[Image: article-2531456-1A4899A100000578-504_634x652.jpg]

[Image: article-2529140-1A48877C00000578-876_964x580.jpg]

Pictures of Prince William in his teens with a thick head of tresses

He was in fact a teen idol and much of his attractiveness to teen girls came from his blond locks as it coincided with the era of the Backstreet Boys and thus that of teen idol Nick Carter who too had a similar haircut and blonde hair (damn, I'm getting old Big Grin)

[Image: PD33183602_8129000_1763189c.jpg]

[Image: prince-william-2.jpg]

[Image: _116076_william_300.jpg]

[Image: prince-william3.jpg]

Lastly, this is picture of him in his early 20s. The temples look solid there and so does what can be seen from the crown.

[Image: 080812_bieberwillsbaldfeat.jpg]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2014, 01:56 PM
RE: Prince William hair loss and hair thinning, pictures inside
To give you guys a reference, this is the actual Norwood scale for male pattern baldness. Prince William is a Norwood IV nearing a Norwood V by now.

[Image: 223-4-iline_default.gif]

In some pictures between 2011 and 2013, the prince's hair loss looks less than that clearly seen in his wedding or the one from late December. This photograph is an example:

[Image: article-2527737-14F8D6C9000005DC-878_638x526.jpg]

You can see how the texture of the hair looks different on the top compared to the back and sides. Not only is this caused by the obvious thinning of the hair strands but it also looks like he may have been using Toppik or a similar product. Toppik is a product that adds fibers to the hair so as to help cover the balding areas and it actually works pretty nice especially if you get the right haircut.

For anyone wanting to give Toppik a try (it's not that expensive), you can go to this Amazon distributor where you can choose your Toppik fibers according to your hair color. Worth a try if you are experiencing hair loss.

Lastly Prince William's balding has been very extensive in his vertex and this is where minoxidil comes into play as minoxidil preparations work very well on vertex thinning and loss. In fact, I would not be surprised if Prince William used minoxidil preparations such as Rogaine which would also explain the changes in his hair loss between 2011 and 2013. Minoxidil needs to be taken long term and stopping its use leads to the resuming of hair loss hence the "explanation" for his hair loss looking less extensive between 2011 and 2013 and then starting again (he would have stopped its use).

Like with Toppik above, for any of you wanting to read more or buy the more popular and tested product preparation of minoxidil (Rogaine), then go to this other Amazon distributor to read more and actual reviews and also buy Rogaine from the distributor at a great price and with confidence as opposed to the massive scamming from non Amazon distributors who sell snake oil. For those of you in UK or outside USA, then go to this other Amazon distributor located in the USA but which has much cheaper prices (including the actual shipping too!) than the prices found at Amazon UK or other online stores.

Lastly, for Rogaine get yourself at least a 6 month supply and preferably a one year supply as Rogaine takes a full 6 months to really show its hair regrowing effects.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-09-2014, 11:19 AM
yeah we dont get much commenting on his hair here in the UK but many of us know the guy is essentially fcuk - must be those upper class blue blood royal genes from all the interbreeding they have been doing or centuries.
05-24-2014, 08:26 AM
More hair loss pictures of prince William. Some heavy thinning & balding at the crown. It hit him hard & early. HIs brother Harry has a thick mane tho & he is only a couple of years younger - at the present age of Harry prince William was balding already. It's all in the genes - you either go bald or not. Damn.

[Image: 155259.jpg]

[Image: 630x355.jpg]

[Image: spl588894_010-wm900.jpg]

[Image: kate-william2-ap.jpg]

[Image: harry-william-wedd_2901262b.jpg]

[Image: NWS_20130715_EPE_008_28261860_I1.JPG]

[Image: AP13072317011-1.jpg]

[Image: 1376486019_prince-william-467.jpg]
01-16-2015, 09:44 AM
(01-09-2014 11:19 AM)Anton Wrote:  yeah we dont get much commenting on his hair here in the UK but many of us know the guy is essentially fcuk - must be those upper class blue blood royal genes from all the interbreeding they have been doing or centuries.

So true...

Still it looks scary to me Undecided
02-20-2015, 03:19 PM
Prince Harry keeps a dense and thick mane, but Prince WIlliam is a Norwood IV?
The example of Prince William's hair loss is a clear illustration of how genetics is a determining factor in male hair loss. All you need to look is at his brother Harry to see how the latter is still keeping up with a high hair density (i.e. untouched by male pattern baldness).

Then you have Prince William's father who clearly has the balding genes that were passed on to his son William. Then again, the Prince of Wales (Charles, William's father) had a full head at the age of 34 when he Prince William was born.

On the side of Lady Diana, her father had better hair genetics and kept much more hair at similar ages. Lady Diana also had some lustrous locks too, so she quite possibly was a carrier of high hair density which she then passed on to Prince Harry, not Prince William. Considering how William resembles his mother way more than Harry, it's probably surprising for him (William) to have been given the bad hair genes. I'd be "royally" crazy with this if it were me.

This goes all to show how hair genetics and inheritance is a big gamble. Even by looking at the parents of a person (in this case the Prince of Wales and Lady Diana), it's impossible to predict the hair genes of a son, as the hair loss genes seem to be able to remain unexpressed in the bloodline.

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is this hair loss? AwesomeHair 0 442 09-11-2016 05:31 AM
Last Post: AwesomeHair
  Has my topknot caused hair loss? -KANE- 0 396 08-18-2016 11:14 AM
Last Post: -KANE-
  Hair weave vs hair transplant, best hairloss solution? SUMITAMIT 0 391 08-16-2016 08:32 AM
Last Post: SUMITAMIT
  Natural alternative solutions for treating hair loss alexdeen75 1 472 07-23-2016 11:29 PM
Last Post: Reborn Hair PPP