Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pomade causes Hair loss?
02-17-2017, 04:30 PM
Pomade causes Hair loss?
Since September I've been using a pomade product. It was also the first time I went to a real barbershop. The products Schmiere, Reuzel and Sweet Georgia Brown are the ones I mainly used. During that time I absolutely had no sign of any hair loss. But now I've been noticing that the hair on my crown is thinning out where my scalp gets exposed easily. At first I thought I combed it that way but after my visit to the dermatologist he said my hair indeed got thinned. Maybe its heritable he said but it wasn't.

Some background about me, I dont really live an unhealthy lifestyle. I go to gym, eat enough and fast food once or twice a week maximum. My dad is bald but his grandfather is not. In my family it always follows this pattern. So according to this pattern I should not be bald but my children probably will be.

My dermatologist has absolutely no knowledge about pomade and I know for a fact I might apply too much on my hair. A short while ago I started rinsing deeply with shampoo 3 or 4x a week. Also worth to note that my hairline is not receding. I will probably go back to the dermatologist soon but I'd appreciate some info about pomade affecting my hair loss.

For now I am planning to not apply any product on my hair and use the Dax Removal Shampoo to get it all out of my hair for a while.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is this hair loss? AwesomeHair 3 1,476 09-23-2017 01:04 AM
Last Post: ishaverma
  After how long did you notice hair loss Adam1231 0 349 05-08-2017 06:15 AM
Last Post: Adam1231
  Advice on determining hair loss ChrisB 0 408 03-16-2017 04:18 PM
Last Post: ChrisB
  Hair Loss - Long Hair kysp88 4 836 02-26-2017 03:05 PM
Last Post: sevrage