Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Philips Norelco Multigroom 3000 review by experts 0 0
Philips Norelco Multigroom 3000 review by experts
12-08-2018, 02:56 PM
Philips Norelco Multigroom 3000 review by experts
I'd like to ask for any barber experts here for their Philips Norelco Multigroom 3000 review. It's cheap and does a lot of things like beard trimming and also hair trimming. Price is surprisingly cheap for what it does plus it's a Philips Norelco trimmer type and I've had good luck with those in the past. I'm looking to pull the trigger on it but it'd be great if any experts in the forum can weigh in their opinion on the Norelco Multigroom 3000 from Philips.

Look forward to any opinions, thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2018, 08:07 AM
RE: Philips Norelco Multigroom 3000 review by experts
I have tried a few hair trimmers so far including the Multigroom 3000. It's a dot it all type of trimmer but not heavy duty. It's more for the hairs on the beard, nose, mustache, side burns. You may be able to also trim the hair on the sides and back of the head if the hair there is already short enough like buzzed. But don't expect it to actually buzz hair like a proper hair clipper.
I used it mostly to keep a short beard length, longer than stubble, cool looking type of beard style. For that the Norelco Multrigroom works really well and also for keeping the hair on the sideburns in check.
Don't expect a super close shave like with actual electric razors that are more expensive. It's a decent shave, just shorter than stubble and you have different trimmer guards for different beard lengths if you choose to go with stubble or a bit longer like I do.
The nose and ear trimmer is handy but I don't have an issue there. Only tried it once to see what it would do and it did seem to trim the hairs inside as expected.
No skin irritation when using it on beard hair which is a plus in my book.
For the money is worth buying but maybe wait for one of the professional dudes in this forum for more advice.
12-09-2018, 02:53 PM
My review of the Philips Norelco Multigroom 3000 trimmer as a professional barber.
Right, let's bear in mind the price of the gadget when considering an actual review of the Philips Norelco Multigroom 3000. It's a very cheap device in price but as far as bang for your buck is concerned if you're on a tight budget, the Philips Norelco Multigroom 3000 is hard to beat for personal grooming.

See it this way, the Philips Norelco Multigroom 3000 is a decent jack of all trades but certainly a master in none. There are far better beard trimmers, electric shavers and hair clippers that run circles around the Multigroom 3000 but they're a lot more expensive. Rather, the Norelco Multigroom 3000 is your go-to trimmer for most common problems faced by males worldwide.

The Norelco Multigroom 3000 is not very powerful so it will only trim through short scalp hair on the sides and back of the head like the previous poster mentioned. It will however do a good job of trimming your beard and with different lengths so long as your beard isn't over an inch in length. If, for example, you're looking for a short boxed beard style then the Philips Norelco Multigroom 3000 will do the job well. Ditto for a stubble style and other beard styles as outlined in the link.

The Philips Norelco Multigroom 3000 charges fast but its battery life isn't 60 minutes worth of running time as advertised from my experience. I'd say about 40 minutes and that's pushing it. We won't use something like this on our barbershop because we need heavy duty long-lasting beard trimmers which cost a lot more than the Multigroom 3000. For personal use though, the Norelco Multigroom 3000 has enough battery life for convenience, but make sure that you charge it after a second or third use at maximum.

The included detailer is decent for what you're paying too. The included nose and ear trimmer are quite good actually. The guards and blades are of good quality as expected of all Philips Norelco products.

I'd say go for it as it's an entry-level grooming trimmer with a very low price. You can always upgrade to better ones like this one from Philips once your budget allows or if you're looking to get sharper haircuts and detailing. As far as buying the Philips Norelco Multigroom 3000, you can buy it HERE for an excellent price.

Any questions let them know as I've been through many trimmers both as a barber and for my own personal use!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Star Gillette Mach3 vs Schick Quattro razor - Comparison review A London Barber 1 282 08-19-2018 08:16 AM
Last Post: A London Barber
  Remington R8150Csb Pivot And Flex Rotary Shaver Review A London Barber 0 873 10-26-2016 04:16 PM
  Review of Wahl 9937 Lithium Ion Triple Play Shaver/Trimmer/Detailer A London Barber 0 946 10-26-2016 03:50 PM
  Review of Panasonic ES-LA93-K Arc4 Wet-Dry Head Pivoting Shaver A London Barber 0 717 10-26-2016 03:10 PM