Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Philips Norelco Bodygroom BG2020 electric razor reviews? expert help needed
08-16-2014, 02:05 PM
Philips Norelco Bodygroom BG2020 electric razor reviews? expert help needed
Hello guys do any of you experts here have a review on the Philips Norelco Bodygroom BG2020 electric razor? I have read some great advice from you all on beard trimming, and since we have a fprum section on body hair I thought of asking this manscaping question.

So the Philips Norelco Bodygroom BG 2020 is an electric shaver and trimmer for manscaping. It is not to be used for beard trimming or shaving. It's just for body hair and manscaping. I heard a conversation from two guys talking about the Norelco BG2020, but as usual I would rather hear it from the actual experts on this board. It isn't a pricey eletric trimmer by all means... but before buying it I would rather get a solid second opinion from you.

Any Philips Norelco Bodygroom BG2020 reviews? I am posting a couple of pictures below so you can see how it looks like.

Also where is the best place to buy the Bodygroom trimmer? Amazon has some great prices and I have bought most my stuff from Amazon before including beard trimmer. I suppose it would be the same for the manscaping body trimmer? Thanks!! Big Grin

[Image: 41Z7XHWZT4L.jpg]

[Image: 51WMYFDXY8L.jpg]

[Image: 41WPD6EDEZL.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2014, 03:39 PM
My review of the Philips Norelco Bodygroom BG2020
The Norelco bg2020 Bodygroom is an inexpensive electric shaver designed to shave close to the skin for a smooth feeling (like shaved) or with its attachments, trim your body hair to various lengths (for regulating hair length without looking like shaved).

I've been using the Bodygroom for a while and while I could think of some ways to improve it, for the price, it is good for basic grooming. I also appreciate that it's rechargeable and waterproof so I don't have to worry about electrical cords and even more so, I can use it in the shower.

There really isn't a whole lot to this shaver. You'll find the traditional razor head in the middle that will shave you right down to your skin and provide a smooth shave against your skin. With regular use, I haven't had any irritation problems and when I am done, my skin does feel smooth. On either side of the razor are more traditional clippers that will cut whatever hair you are grooming to just above skin level. I've found it to be easiest to just use the clippers to trim the hair in the area I want to shave and then run the shaver over it to get a really close shave. There are also several attachments of varying lengths for the clippers that let you trim your body hair to various lengths instead of just cutting it off.

This is a rechargeable razor. The instructions say it has 50 minutes of cutting on a full charge. I've never even come close to using it that long, but it's never run out of juice on me.
I have found that the trimmer part of the Bodygroom works really well. The razor part on the other hand works, but sometimes you've got to go over an area multiple times to get a smooth shave. I figure since I didn't expect to get a great razor with something that only cost about $40 when I bought it, I can live with the extra shaving.

In conclusion, the Norelco BG2020 bodygrooming shaver is not the best electric razor I've ever had, but it does what it's supposed to and the clipper portion of the groomer is great. It does make trimming and shaving my body hair easy and quick. In the end, I'd say that if you're looking for a relatively inexpensive razor and hair trimmer for body hair grooming, the Philips Bodygroom BG2020 Electric Shaver is a good choice.

I would get it especially considering its price compared to other manscaping razors.
08-17-2014, 08:27 AM
RE: Philips Norelco Bodygroom BG2020 electric razor reviews? expert help needed
I agree with Sunset about his review of the Norelco bg2020. For a 1st time body hair trimming product is a good choice. I used to have it & it did its job fine.
No pulling of the hair when doing the shaving mode. Having your hair pulled when you are trimming the chest hair is nasty & it has happened with other trimmers but not with the Norelco bg2020.

You can also trim the hair instead of shaving. So if you don't want to go fully shaved you can still keep the hair trimmed. I haven't tried it... but I have heard that the bg2020 is great for pubic hair trimming Big Grin geing your hair pulled out down there is the last thing u want so I would - for sure - trust the Philips Norelco bg2020.

Amazon is king for buying electric razors. You get the cheapest prices & they have the best customer service - fast shipping too. Check out the Norelco bg2020 at THIS Amazon vendor - excellent price and fast delivery - if you're going to be buying the Norelco bg2020 razor, then that vendor in the link is an excellent choice Smile

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tips to buy electric nose hair trimmer Stevens 4 2,003 01-14-2015 11:13 PM
Last Post: shahrukhch1