Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permanent hair straightening for short medium-length hair
09-23-2015, 09:09 AM
Permanent hair straightening for short medium-length hair
Hello guys, first time posting, nice to meet you all.

My hair is a bit weird, the very first few locks in front of my head are outright curly, then it becomes wavy and the back is pretty much straight, I had longer hair before, but the curly front really screws things up.

I've been wondering if I should simply get one of those permanent hair straightening kits off Ebay and use it on the front of my hair, however, I have zero experience with those products.
Is this a good idea? I don't expect them to do wonders, I just need to straighten it up a bit in the front, it will make my life a hell of a lot easier.

An alternative is one of those again really cheap mini hair irons from Ebay, they would work, but I don't really want to deal with it every day, since I'd have to heat it up... straighten... blow dry into position... style. It becomes too time consuming and from my previous experience the front part of my hair is really weak (don't know if this is the right word), it gets heat damaged very easily, not to mention a few drops of water and it goes back to normal. I'd much rather apply something to my hair once a month and just go through the usual 1 minute blow-dry style thing. It will probably take me a year to go through a kit, since I'll be using it for so little hair.

Some additional info: currently styling my hair somewhat similarly to Jensen Ackles/Colton Haynes.

TL;DR: Is a permanent hair straightening product a good idea for 2-3 inch hair. Also some examples of good choices would be awesome.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2015, 01:14 PM
RE: Permanent hair straightening for short medium-length hair
I have this slight wave on my widow's peak that ruins what I want my hair to do so I use a small flat iron. I don't have to do all my hair, just that front part. It literally takes less than 30 seconds to warm up and another 30 seconds running it over the front of my hair once or twice. After that, my hair does what I want. Keep the temp low and some heat protectant and you're fine.

I have no experience with those chemical straighteners.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Restylable, matte, water-based product for fine, medium-length hair nysharps 0 58 11-29-2016 12:08 AM
Last Post: nysharps
  Best hair styling wax for Asian men hair? Cool Hair Guy 8 24,655 11-07-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: aliu123
  Best mens hair conditioner for damaged hair hapaa 4 436 10-06-2016 04:19 AM
Last Post: oslec8
  What is the best product for short/faded hairstyle? willhtun 1 350 07-21-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: willhtun