Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pantene Pro V Color Preserve Shine review: Shampoo and conditioner
11-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Pantene Pro V Color Preserve Shine review: Shampoo and conditioner
So this is a Pantene Pro V Color Preserve Shine review. I will cover both the Preserve Shine shampoo and conditioner. It's a unisex hair product so it works as good on women as it does on guys who have coloured their hair. Suffice to say if you colour your hair and you want it to look shiny and glossy, then you need to use Pantene Pro V Color Hair Preserve Shine shampoo and conditioner.

I would like to first start out by telling you a little about my hair. I have long, thick, curly hair which I sometimes colour, and because I colour my hair, it does not look as shiny as I would like it to. When colour is applied to hair, it leaves it very porous and sometimes gives it a dull appearance, without sheen and luster.

Pantene is one of the good companies in the hair care industry and manufactures innovative hair care products. In 1947, innovator Hoffman-LaRoche, who owned a drug company in Switzerland, was the first person to put panthenol in hair products.

So I tried the Pantene Pro V Color Preserve Shine shampoo and conditioner made especially for colour-treated hair as was my case at the time. Both the shampoo and conditioner come in large, 12.6 fl. oz bottles with convenient flip-tops that open and close easily.

The first thing that I noticed about the shampoo and conditioner was the fresh, clean scent that they have. Both the shampoo and the conditioner are designed to protect colour-treated hair and restore brilliance, shine and luster to the hair. I wanted to see if this was true, so I put the products to the test.

I washed my hair with the Pantene Pro V Color Preserve Shine shampoo and gently massaged the formula into and throughout my hair. You can shampoo your hair once or twice; it depends on your preference. I decided to shampoo my hair once, and then I rinsed my hair with warm water. I then applied the Pantene Color Preserve Shine Pro V conditioner throughout the length of my hair, combing it through with my fingers. After leaving the conditioner on my hair for a short period of time, I rinsed the conditioner out of my hair with warm water first, and then I rinsed my hair with cold water to close the cuticle.

My hair looked and felt soft, conditioned and manageable. Most importantly, I noticed that my hair had plenty of shine. I noticed that the Pantene Pro V Color Preserve Shine shampoo and conditioner did not strip any color from my hair, unlike so many other products that I have tried in the past.

Both the Pantene Pro V Preserve Shine shampoo and conditioner are some useful and good products for colour-treated hair. The one thing that I did not like about the shampoo is that it contains sulfates, and sulfates are not that good for the hair if you experience irritation, but besides that one element which isn't much of an issue especially for mens hair, I really like the shampoo and the conditioner.

If you colour your hair and want it to be soft, conditioned, manageable and full of shine, then go with these two Pantene hair products. DO make sure to follow the shampoo and conditioner instructions where the shampoo is used first, then you rise the shampoo and then you use the conditioner, leaving it on for two minutes on your hair and rinsing it after the two minutes!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2015, 09:39 AM
RE: Pantene Pro V Color Preserve Shine review: Shampoo and conditioner
I heard of the Pantene pro V shampoo last week in our barbershop as one of our clients said he had used it. He keeps his hair with the surfer highlights and talks good of it. Pantene does put out some decent hair products on colour treated hair care.

My barbershop client didn't mention anything about the conditioner so he's probably just using the shampoo. Shame on that as usually it's good to pair up your conditioner with the same shampoo brand you're using. It's good that Pantene also put out a 'preserve shine' conditioner with this type of shampoo being all about colour treated hair and preserving it.

A bit off topic but I have noticed a slow increase on men with highlighted hair. Here in the Uk and you're also in the UK, have you noticed the same either in your hair salon or city?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good shampoo for damaged hair and healthy straightened curls? red05five 0 53 11-20-2016 01:56 PM
Last Post: red05five
  A conditioner that really hydrates hair? boolmir 1 247 10-26-2016 02:57 PM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  Best mens hair conditioner for damaged hair hapaa 4 438 10-06-2016 04:19 AM
Last Post: oslec8
  What is a good Matte Hair Spray for men without shine? ThickHair93 2 374 09-21-2016 05:39 AM
Last Post: runstile