Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oval face shape with medium straight hair, hairstyle advice?
07-30-2015, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2015 11:11 AM by Limitedshake.)
Oval face shape with medium straight hair, hairstyle advice?
I have spent some time trying to find the right hair style for me. I'm not 100 percent sure but I think I have straight hair and an oval face shape. I'm only 16 years old and wondering if anyone could give advice for a new hair style. I currently flip brush my probably 4-inch hair up and back. Is there anyway to post a picture?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2015, 01:26 PM
Most men's hairstyles are suitable for straight hair with an oval face shape.
I just saw your post so I wanted to chime in with my advice as a barber.

As far as hairstyling goes, an oval face shape is the best face shape to get the best hairstyles. This is because almost all hairstyles suit an oval-shaped face in men. I'm not so keen about focusing on face shape since face shape is very subjective and from my experience as a barber, most guys get their face shape wrong. Also it isn't so much as the face shape as it is the head shape of a male that should be taken into account to pick the best male hairstyle. If you do a quick search on the forum you will read more on why using one's face shape to choose a hairstyle or haircut (as a guy) is wrong.

Anyway straight hair is also the easiest to style so you pretty much have the best scenario here to style your hair as you wish. A medium length for straight hair is good if you're looking for a tousled messy look (see this thread) or if you're looking for a "big hair" volume hairstyle like the brush up hairstyle, a quiff hairstyle or the modern slicked back hairstyle. If you click on each link you will be taken to the forum guides that have been published by the forum barbers on each of the three linked hairstyles.

With your current hair length you could easily grow your hair longer for a man bun or a top knot hairstyle. You haven't said anything about your current haircut setup. Is the hair on your head all evened out in terms of hair length all across the scalp? Or are the sides and back shorter and if so, how much shorter than the top? For example if all your hair is at an eve length then you'd have no difficulties achieving a man bun hairstyle, while if the sides and back of your head are trimmed as an undercut or an executive contour haircut, then you would do better with a top knot hairstyle.

Your account is upgraded by the way so you can upload any of you current pictures to get an idea of what you currently have. You can also upload your picture or pictures to free image hosting sites (like Imgur.com) and then post the linked images here. We always recommend for people to post current pictures so that we can see how the hair has grown so far and what's the current haircut setup.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New hairstyle for straight hair - Quiff or long hairstyles? Wayne Baskin 0 279 09-23-2016 09:22 AM
Last Post: Wayne Baskin
  Hair Too Straight and Thick! Want Natural Combover Hairstyle StraightHairProblems 0 392 09-06-2016 03:15 AM
Last Post: StraightHairProblems
  Help with styling products for Caesar haircut - Hayden Cassidy hairstyle KIERANHIN95 1 357 07-01-2016 06:59 AM
Last Post: KIERANHIN95
  How to style fluffy curly hair into soft straight hairstyle MustafaZorrok 0 392 06-28-2016 03:25 PM
Last Post: MustafaZorrok