Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on the classic side part hairstyle?
02-13-2014, 07:18 PM
Opinions on the classic side part hairstyle?
I was watching True Blood and saw the hairstyle of Alexander Skarsgård, which reminded me of the classic side part style. Nothing says elegance and manliness like a good side part imo but its so difficult these days to see this hair style in tv, movies, magazines, even online if it wasnt for this forum which thankfully still retains that classic barbershop vibe + the guys had a thread on the side part taper haircut too.
Heres what am talking about when it comes to good side parted hair...

[Image: alexander-skarsgard-true-blood-ew-interviews.jpg]

[Image: mk49HZw.jpg]

[Image: 439px-Alexander_Skarsg%C3%A5rd_WonderCon_2012.jpg]

You know... it can be side swept or it can be done with a bit of thickness or volume - yet many guys these days wanna concentrate on impossible hairstyles and clipping their hair like that skrillex dude! what happened to class, elegance, savoir faire and 'being a man'? i'm not an old wolf by any standards but watching old movies and barbershop social talk by old-school barbers kinda brings a nostalgic teat to my eye...
So What do you think of the side part? any of you who still wear it either swept, finger styles or volume styles? hope i am not the only lone wolf here lol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2014, 12:12 PM
RE: Opinions on the classic side part hairstyle?
Well, Stevens, I can tell you that you are not alone in feeling some nostalgia over being a gentleman with manners and well groomed. This forum aims to cover both types of mindsets: on one side we have those guys who prefer the classic dapper look with slick backs, slicked back Undercuts, side swept hair etc While on the other side we have guys who prefer more modern hairstyles and haircuts such as messy hairstyles, brush up styles (with or without Undercut).

Since you mentioned Alexander Skarsgård, here are a couple more pictures of his classic side part. No matter what he wears, he exudes elegance with this style:

[Image: Popular-Pictures-Of-Alexander-skarsgard.jpg]

[Image: alexander_skarsgard_top_9_fli.jpg]

[Image: alexander-skarsgard-grandma-loves-liquor-02.jpg]

In this forum and our fashion forecasts, we have a mix and blend with regards to the men's hairstyles for 2014 as we're seeing that oldschool is becoming trendy again! By all means, we appreciate guys like you emphasizing the gentleman look and hair style, and it will always be covered in this forum Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Medium slickback hairstyle Gias98 0 90 10-20-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: Gias98
  Help identify my hair for a new hairstyle gabriel777 2 162 10-18-2016 09:34 AM
Last Post: gabriel777
  Long hair side shaved grow to man bun hairstyle or top knot? darkguy2 3 181 10-17-2016 08:44 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  Frohawk hairstyle and haircut: How to, Pictures TheMensHairForum 10 20,518 10-10-2016 08:45 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum