Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One year hair growth pictures from buzz cut to long hair
09-23-2014, 04:07 PM
One year hair growth pictures from buzz cut to long hair
Pictures below are of the hair growth of some guy during one year. That's one year hair growth with different hairstyles but the difference between the buzz cut and the layer hairstyle at the end really helps to visualise how much hair really grows for men in a year. Remember that each one of you grows his hair at a slower or faster rate but the range is very close. IMO the hair growth from the guy below is just about in the middle. So average hair growth.

Helpful for those of you thinking about growing your hair long. You can more or less see what to expect from a year of hair growth if you start growing your hair from a buzz cut.

[Image: e7b868c9e5c942f849e6a14f44ab63e4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2014, 09:17 AM
RE: One year hair growth pictures from buzz cut to long hair
That is a really cool picture collection of how much hair grows in a year. So the hair ends up like at what, eyebrows? also and imo that hair growth is similar to my experience.
10-22-2014, 07:59 AM
I used to have an undercut but then I shaved all my hair off... first I buzzed it down to 0,8mm and then I shaved the rest of with a razorblade. Last time I did this was in February.. or March. I think March... now it's October and we're nearing November.. so basically that's 6 months and my hair seems to be just as long as his in the 10th or even in the 11th row.. guess I have a faster hair growth which I can appreciate!
10-22-2014, 11:00 AM
I would say that the picture illustrates very well an average hair growth rate. Most guys can basically use this illustration (or collage) to get an idea of how fast their hair will grow, whether from a proper razor-cut haircut (i.e. at near shaved length) or from any other length but just be aware what the actual length you'll grow in a year will be (six inches is the average. Isn't that like, the average length of something else...? Big Grin).

Great illustration on the speed of hair growth. Kudos, Sunset!

(10-22-2014 07:59 AM)JVoorhees80 Wrote:  I used to have an undercut but then I shaved all my hair off... first I buzzed it down to 0,8mm and then I shaved the rest of with a razorblade. Last time I did this was in February.. or March. I think March... now it's October and we're nearing November.. so basically that's 6 months and my hair seems to be just as long as his in the 10th or even in the 11th row.. guess I have a faster hair growth which I can appreciate!

Yes, the 6 inches of hair length per year is a figure calculated from an average of half an inch per month of hair growth. However, some men (and women) have naturally higher hair-growth rates and the opposite too. It is not uncommon (but certainly not common) to get 0.8 inches a month or so. On fact, there are tricks to get more hair-growth yield per month (i.e. get faster hair growth rate).

Of course, it's also very easy to unintentionally slow down hair growth rate.

In your case, you'd be at the upper end of what's naturally possible. Depending on your diet and hormone status, you could get even faster hair growth rate if you haven't maxed out already. Having said this, hair-growth potential is utterly and completely (and fully) limited by genetics (as is everything in the body).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Now show us the hair growth in a year for curly hair. No visible hair growth rofl !! man it is like we curly guys are doomed for hair growth. Good thing the curly hair book explains the reasons behind this because I was close to giving up to growing my curls as I saw zero hair growth in months.
10-24-2014, 03:55 PM
(10-22-2014 11:00 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(10-22-2014 07:59 AM)JVoorhees80 Wrote:  I used to have an undercut but then I shaved all my hair off... first I buzzed it down to 0,8mm and then I shaved the rest of with a razorblade. Last time I did this was in February.. or March. I think March... now it's October and we're nearing November.. so basically that's 6 months and my hair seems to be just as long as his in the 10th or even in the 11th row.. guess I have a faster hair growth which I can appreciate!

Yes, the 6 inches of hair length per year is a figure calculated from an average of half an inch per month of hair growth. However, some men (and women) have naturally higher hair-growth rates and the opposite too. It is not uncommon (but certainly not common) to get 0.8 inches a month or so. On fact, there are tricks to get more hair-growth yield per month (i.e. get faster hair growth rate).

Of course, it's also very easy to unintentionally slow down hair growth rate.

In your case, you'd be at the upper end of what's naturally possible. Depending on your diet and hormone status, you could get even faster hair growth rate if you haven't maxed out already. Having said this, hair-growth potential is utterly and completely (and fully) limited by genetics (as is everything in the body).

Thanks for the detailed responses! Are there any ways to slow down your hair growth? Because once it gets as long as I want it to be, I'd rather have it slow down so I can hide the scissors longer. I really have a shitty diet. Thanks again, you rock.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to use hair trimmer for a hair thinning haircut? Lorenn 3 1,456 06-02-2016 02:35 PM
Last Post: claus
  Long hair styles Thelonghair 1 795 03-03-2016 09:59 AM
Last Post: Doworkgetbig
  Differences Between Thick Hair and Thin Hair? GoodHair 10 30,385 12-18-2015 08:30 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  Advice please: How to style long hair like this (with reference photo) stbay1217 2 1,154 12-10-2015 05:56 AM
Last Post: tonymacroni