Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing works
09-26-2015, 09:11 PM
Nothing works
I have medium long hair. It's fairly thin but a lot of hair! After I wash my hair it's usually very puffy and helmet like. It's also pretty dry. The only time I really like my hair is after about 3 days right before it gets dirty and needs to be washed again. I have tried a lot of products but nothing can give me that feel and look. I used conditioners, creams, pomades but anything too strong will make it greasy right away and others make it even drier. I am also trying to stay as natural as possible since I have health issues and very sensitive scalp. Any suggestions on what products I can try to tame the mane and get that 3rd day look
And feel??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2015, 01:19 PM
RE: Nothing works
Dry and puffy means there is no moisture. Are you shampooing every day? That will strip your hair of natural oils, especially if it has sulfates in it, most do. You like it after a few days because your natural oils are building up.

No poo, pat dry your hair after shower (don't scrub with a towel), blow dry a little to get it 50% dry, and add a little bit of argan oil (coconut, etc) afterwards. This works so good for me that I barely have to add any product in my hair to get what I want now.

I used to have that cotton candy/cotton top puff style before I started doing that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Not one product works Dutchness 2 509 09-17-2015 10:45 PM
Last Post: Dutchness