Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure what to do with my hair... 0 0
Not sure what to do with my hair...
04-08-2018, 03:14 PM
Wink Not sure what to do with my hair...
Hi all,

I'm a 32 year old guy with moderate to severe hair loss. It runs in my family. Based on photos it started around age 23, but wasn't really noticeable until I was 28. I started on Finasteride/Minox a little under 2 years ago which (I think) has halted the loss, but I have gotten no regrowth.

I'm going through a phase right now where I want to try long hair because I never tried it and may never have the opportunity to if I wait any longer. It's kind of a bucket list thing before my hair loses the good fight. The thing is, I'm not sure if I'm too late and will end up looking like a fool (or an aging hippie).

It's gotten fairly long now and I think it looks OK - As long as the wind doesn't blow my part over or my hair doesn't get wet. The wind is the worst - When it blows towards the middle a HUGE section of my forehead is visible and I look weird as hell. I've provided links to some photos to show you how it looks now as well as when I had it buzzed last year. You can see the true hairline/thinness where I have the buzzcut.

Any advice on what I should do here? Throw in the towel? Style it differently? Can I keep it long at all or do something to make the recession less visible while at that length? Thank you.

Links (Copy and paste URL)

Buzzcut - imgur.com/a/yau1a

Long hair - imgur.com/a/TKtN1?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2018, 05:38 PM
RE: Not sure what to do with my hair...
Hey I also have hair loss troubles so I hear you. I also try different hairstyles that I never tried before because I can clearly see myself heading into baldness within some years. I try to gel my hair and get a spiky haircut, but I also have that huge section of my hairskin pretty visible. It falls more hair in one side than in the other, it's horrible. There's little you can do, but if you like that haircut, or whatever other haircut you want to get, then have it. Dont do that throwing the towel thing, you'll do that when the right time comes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------