Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure if I'm going bald at 18?
05-25-2015, 03:15 PM
Not sure if I'm going bald at 18?
Hello, well recently I've noticed that my hairline is quite uneven around the temples. I'm not sure if perhaps this is my hairline or I'm going bald. Also my forehead also is quite large. Is it possible I'm going bald? I've turned 18 recently. I can provide pictures if need thanks. Also any recommendations for hairstyles to deal with this situation would be much appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2015, 07:08 AM
An uneven hairline is a common occurrence in men and women.
Welcome! I've upgraded your account so that you can post pictures. We will need to see pictures so as to discard the possibility of baldness or false positives. Try embedding them in an easy site like IMGur as you don't need to even register to upload your pictures and embed them here in your next post.

Just for the record, having an uneven hairline is completely normal. Usually, when one temple is further back than the other one, that's a sign of an uneven hairline and not male pattern baldness.

Male pattern baldness follows quite a symmetrical recession as it affects the follicles of the hairline equally. However, male pattern baldness need not be necessarily manifested via a receding hairline, so it

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-21-2015, 10:40 AM
RE: Not sure if I'm going bald at 18?
Thank you.
I was wondering also what type of haircut you would recommend I would like to keep the length but I'm open to anything.

[Image: pOAz00Sh.jpg]
[Image: F4UqXU4h.jpg]
[Image: Azz97Kqh.jpg]
[Image: mTgyTlyh.jpg]

[Image: JpsP5dOh.jpg]
06-21-2015, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2015 11:01 AM by ElenaTheBarber.)
You have a superb hairline, no balding going on at all. What you have is what is called a matured hairline so you have a bit of a receded line on the temples which is what the vast majority of men have. Very few men get to keep their childhood rounder hairline, that's more for us girls to keep since we don't have enough testosterone and DHT to kick the follicles.

As for a good hairstyle I think that continuing to grow your hair to be able to it into a manbun would b a good idea. Your current ponytail is to short which makes the hair which is tied into the ponytail stick out like hay. It's not a bad look but since you have straight hair you could really get a nice looking ponytail if you grew your hair longer.

For a manbun you would need even more length so patience and time is the name of the game. I'm not so sure if you'd b willing to wait six to eight months to get enough hair length for a man bun, but as a hairdresser I have to say the man bun looks good on almost any guy who has come to our hair salon and we've done some trimming to keep his bun in good shape.

How long is your hair now? use inches or centimetres as I use both while some of the other barbers from the US can only work in inches!! Big Grin

Can you tie the hair on the sides of the head to the ponytail too? I can't see it well in the pictures so knowing this would be helpful to see whether a manbun hairstyle is a good option to go for.

Elena.
06-21-2015, 04:06 PM
Hello and Thanks for your reply.

My hair at its longest is around 5-5.5 inches.
My hair on the back and sides is shorter at one inch.
I've been thinking about growing a man-bun but I was wondering if there was a hairstyle I could use as an inbetween.

Thanks for the advice and help
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Shocked 21 years old. I am going bald, having maturing hairline or just paranoic HardRocker995 0 1,257 09-22-2016 09:30 AM
Last Post: HardRocker995
  Bald father, grandad with full hair - Am I balding? 20 year old Benji_111 0 563 09-19-2016 08:43 AM
Last Post: Benji_111
  Is a widows peak in men a sign of going bald or hair loss? trinity289 0 1,193 09-21-2015 10:10 AM
Last Post: trinity289
  Rafael Nadal hair loss and going bald TheMensHairForum 24 73,837 07-02-2015 04:48 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum