Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure about the haircut with pomade
10-15-2015, 10:34 AM
Not sure about the haircut with pomade
So, hi Cool
I started with "haircut" thing back in 2013 and since like the late 2013 I've been testing the hair products. For more than year different hair gels and since this year I've been using amazing wax. However, I wanted to become more aware of the most used hair products so I'd finally settle down with one which would fit me best and so around May-June I decided to buy a pomade. I finally did it this September and I started looking for pomade haircuts.
I found that +90% haircuts are long hair going back and that's not what I want. I have medium wavy hair and as I was using the wax I got used to haircut which you can see in the pics - 6mm on side and hair "aiming" like to side and slightly up to make the "wave" effect. The point is it look great and it's still decent.
So, my question is: with using the pomade, will I be still able to do such haircut?
Also, if you know any great and decent-looking haircuts for medium hair, don't hesitate and share it Smile
And one more question: does the pomade do the "wet-looking" like the gel does (to be specific, I have Suavecito Firme Hold pomade)?

Thank you very much for your answers Smile

You may see the pics right HERE: bit . ly/1hGVYcv (just delete the spaces before and after dot)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2015, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2015 07:06 AM by Thomas Martin.)
RE: Not sure about the haircut with pomade
Suavecito, even if called pomade, is basically a gel. A fantastic one, but a gel nonetheless. So you may sport any haircut you previously had with using gel. If you are looking for a pomade then look for non-wash out petrolatum based products (Murrays Superiour, Dax red, etc). A pomade can be used with any haircut you want. Best however is not wearing hair too long. It will tend to look greasy and tacky if worn too long. Best is a classic cut with sides and neck short and longer on top.
10-17-2015, 08:17 PM
RE: Not sure about the haircut with pomade
agree with the above - longer hair and the anhydrous pomade makes it greasy

a gel will still do that but shorter hair better

(10-17-2015 07:05 AM)Thomas Martin Wrote:  Suavecito, even if called pomade, is basically a gel. A fantastic one, but a gel nonetheless. So you may sport any haircut you previously had with using gel. If you are looking for a pomade then look for non-wash out petrolatum based products (Murrays Superiour, Dax red, etc). A pomade can be used with any haircut you want. Best however is not wearing hair too long. It will tend to look greasy and tacky if worn too long. Best is a classic cut with sides and neck short and longer on top.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 295 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Haircut fix Pgreene431 1 196 10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Widow peak(Short haircut) Alexander 0 227 10-24-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: Alexander
  Frohawk hairstyle and haircut: How to, Pictures TheMensHairForum 10 21,079 10-10-2016 08:45 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum