Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob to Haircuts, Need help!
07-02-2013, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2013 10:33 AM by Tomcat775.)
Noob to Haircuts, Need help!
So pretty much my whole life of 17 years I've had the same short hair cut. Dark Caesar with either a 1 or 1.5 guard. I want to try something different but I don't know much about maintaining a haircut and stuff. this is the style I want to try out first. So when I grow it to the length in the picture how do I maintain the same length? Do I ask for the hair cut in that picture every 2 weeks or so or ask them to trim it down when it gets to long with a certain guard length? Lol Im just a complete noob. Also if anyone knows the name of the haircut he has that would help. Thank you guys for any help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2013, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2013 10:35 AM by Tomcat775.)
RE: Noob to Haircuts, Need help!
Edit: okay I can't get the pic to show up so here's a link sorry
[Image: pooch-hall-the-cw-launch-party-green-carpet-sYSguR.jpg]
07-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Im not one of the hair experts in the forum but whats ur hair type?? u can check ur hair type in this thread http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...Kinky-hair
Normally the guys here will ask u for pictures of ur hair etc for a better idea. Is ur hair like the one in the picture you posted, were u getting 360 waves??
07-02-2013, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2013 07:00 PM by Tomcat775.)
(07-02-2013 04:29 PM)Zorba Wrote:  Im not one of the hair experts in the forum but whats ur hair type?? u can check ur hair type in this thread http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...Kinky-hair
Normally the guys here will ask u for pictures of ur hair etc for a better idea. Is ur hair like the one in the picture you posted, were u getting 360 waves??

My hair type is kinky and I was able to get waves but not the defined 360 ones[img][Image: ded77fbe74568d7b95b4bbeade7fdd9a.jpg][/img] that's the most I've grown it out
07-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the forum Tomcat775! You have nice hair and you actually have just about the same length as the picture you posted of that celebrity. You need to get your hair buzzed and I'm eyeballing his guard number but I think it's a 3, 3.5 or 4. Yes, every two weeks is enough because your hair will outgrow that length very fast. The name of the haircut is a Butch Cut, it's the same guard number used for all the hair. Tell your barber to start with the highest guard he has between a 3.5 to a 5 (so if his highest guard number is a 7 then tell him to give you a 5). Then see in the mirror and drop down an extra one or two guards to clip all your hair again (he will do it fast). That guy you reference had a 3, 3.5 or 4 done, difficult to tell just from that picture.

In all honesty you may be better buying your own hair clipper and doing it yourself as the haircut is very easy (just buzz your head with the guard attached). Check out our thread on some good hair clippers for men to buy too http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...-good-ones

Btw, I think that same guy is using fake hair fiber to make his hair look like that, it is very common with male celebrities to use those products and it gives that funny cartoon-ish look to the hair.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
07-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Thank you so much! I'll definitely use all your advice, I was clueless and that pretty much answered everything. You have great advice, keep it up! Thanks bro
07-05-2013, 05:47 PM
You are welcome! Keep us updated in this thread or a new one Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
08-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Anyone know the guard number kid cudi used for this haircut? It looks like a number 4 and a taper to me but not sure.[Image: 3379_by_kid-cudi01.jpg]
08-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Also for some reason the sites not letting me access my profile or start new threads even though it says my accounts active. I would appreciate any help with that. thank you
08-03-2013, 05:43 PM
(08-02-2013 08:22 PM)Tomcat775 Wrote:  Also for some reason the sites not letting me access my profile or start new threads even though it says my accounts active. I would appreciate any help with that. thank you

the rules were changed so now everyone has to have more than 10 posts to start threads, send messages and access the control panel. You can read more about it here.
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...lease-read

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
08-03-2013, 05:53 PM
the rules were changed so now everyone has to have more than 10 posts to start threads, send messages and access the control panel. You can read more about it here.
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...lease-read
[/quote]
Oh okay well thanks! But do u have any idea on the guard number he used of the pic I just posted
08-03-2013, 06:00 PM
that's a temple fade in the picture you posted, the guard number is a 2
If you want to learn about the temple fade Rogelio from Manly Curls wrote a very good guide some days ago http://www.manlycurls.com/2013/08/fade-h...guide-men/

08-03-2013, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 06:27 PM by Tomcat775.)
Oh really? Yea it does look like a temp fade but I didn't see a fade in his hair so I just assumed it was an all around cut but thanks!
08-03-2013, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 06:35 PM by James.)
I think its the lighting of the pic (hits on the side), I thought it was a temp fade too. I agree with TMHF that thats a 2 guard cos a 2 shows the scalp with light.
(edit: we are talking of the guard number just above the hairline in the back and sides)
08-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Yea I see now. It's a definitely a two on the sides and back. Thanks!
08-03-2013, 06:46 PM
(08-03-2013 06:27 PM)Tomcat775 Wrote:  Oh really? Yea it does look like a temp fade but I didn't see a fade in his hair so I just assumed it was an all around cut but thanks!

Sorry, upon a deeper look am not so sure now whether it's a temple fade or just a simple taper haircut. I was looking at the one inch band bordering the hairline that looks to be faded though not to skin, then the hair length gets longer fast (typical temple fade). Could just be a regular taper haircut but it's a 2 for sure on the aforementioned one inch band.

What are you trying to achieve these days with your hair since the start of the thread?

08-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Well I just had a regular dark caesar when I made this thread, the pic I posted of me before was from a while back. So now I'm pretty much just growing my hair out a bit and seeing whether to still go for the hair cut in the first picture I posted or to try the kid cudi style because I like it alot. Especially the hair texture
08-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Nice, how about military haircuts like a high and tight recon? or a high top fade if you are growing out your hair?

08-03-2013, 07:05 PM
I don't really like the high and tight but a high top fade is pretty nice but ill probably just try out kid cudi's hair cut first and see how I like it. What kind of hairstyle do you have?
08-06-2013, 05:54 PM
If you're referring to TheMensHairForum hairstyle in his avatar thats a Pompadour hairstyle Big Grin

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Black Men Haircuts: Disconnected Haircut Ideas for Curly Hair TheMensHairForum 1 310 07-19-2016 12:34 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Possible haircuts/hairstyles for wavy hair? glaze 1 750 04-12-2016 07:34 PM
Last Post: Wavesbro