Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nivea for Men After Shave Balm Review
09-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Nivea for Men After Shave Balm Review
Ever since I started shaving, I have always had problems with irritations occurring after my shaving. I would always have my face fill up with tiny, hard pimples after a shaving and would get irritated by any aftershave I used. However, I came across Nivea For Men's After Shave Extra Soothing Balm and thought I would try it. In retrospect, the Nivea after shave products have been used for electric shavers like the Phillips Norelco HS8420 electric shaver reviewed in the link. When it comes to battling skin irritation, Nivea knows best.

Nivea's aftershave balm is a white cream that comes in a ceramic, white container in a 3.3 Oz. size. After shaving, I applied the balm to my face and found that it provided an instantaneous cooling relief to my face, which normally felt like they were on fire even after using other aftershaves. The cream had no smell, which was a big plus since I usually use a cologne and did not want my cologne and aftershave to interact and cause a combination of smells that would be very unpleasant for co-workers and what not It was hard to find an aftershave with no smell, and Nivea definitely delivered for those of us who need an odorless product.

The product was very effective, since after a few uses I had no pimples left from shaving. I've been using the product for a year now and I know I will not be switching to anything else since this balm was the best aftershave I have come across. The only problem I had with it was the fact that it is a bit clumsy to travel with since the bottle is ceramic. Ceramic bottles are a bit inconvenient to put into luggage since they are prone to cracking and breaking, which could be disastrous to frequent travelers. However, for home use this problem is not an issue.

I would recommend this product to any man suffering from pimples that appear after shaving, since I have seen my pimples disappear after only a few uses. I would definitely recommend it as a first aftershave to any teenager experimenting with shaving since they may have sensitive skin without knowing it. Using this product as a first step to other aftershaves could save a lot of pain and discomfort for teenagers. I would not recommend it to those who look for versatility with their cosmetics, though, since the ceramic bottle is a problem for those who need too take the aftershave to work or school or on vacation. Also, the fact that it is odorless may be a minus for those who are looking for a pleasant smell or a substitute for a mens perfume.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Great aftershave review!
Sunset, you are the "go to" guy when it comes to sensitive skin and fighting shaving irritation! Smile

The Nivea for Men aftershave balm is a classic for sensitive skin. I've used it on and off myself even though my skin doesn't get that irritated. For anyone who is in doubt with regards to which aftershave to buy, then the Nivea for Men aftershave balm is a solid pick without a doubt.

Of course, for those of you guys who get any irritation or razor bumps, the Nivea for Men aftershave balm will also work wonders. You can either buy it in a single tub like THIS one here or instead buy 4 tubs of it for an excellent price with THIS 4 pack here. The 4 pack will last a long time and it's at a great price so it's very much worth the purchase as you won't have to be thinking about buying aftershave for a long time! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-11-2014, 04:50 PM
RE: Nivea for Men After Shave Balm Review
I also like the Nivea After shave Balm.
Because not using anything leads to my skin being dry.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up How to Shave your Face - Wet Shaving Guide and Products Sunset 19 9,085 10-18-2016 10:53 PM
Last Post: Adam11
  Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing Shave Cream review Sunset 1 2,584 10-02-2014 11:35 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum