Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nice pompadour style with straight hair
06-17-2013, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2013 10:25 PM by Stevens.)
Nice pompadour style with straight hair
I spotted this nice pompadour style with straight hair and thought it was worth posting it. The haircut is very nice and I think this hairstyle photograph won a prize of some sort.

[Image: 67G0whj.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: Nice pompadour style with straight hair
I raise you this straight hair Pompadour, Stevens Wink

[Image: 4b823fefabd8347921870d71d772b7d7.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
08-28-2013, 07:53 AM
I have a pompadour with straight hair and mine doesn't even look as good as that
08-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Great pompadours gentlemen!

(08-28-2013 07:53 AM)BigHair Wrote:  I have a pompadour with straight hair and mine doesn't even look as good as that

nice, how much do you curl the front of the pompadour backwards?
08-28-2013, 03:48 PM
(08-28-2013 02:26 PM)Zorba Wrote:  Great pompadours gentlemen!

(08-28-2013 07:53 AM)BigHair Wrote:  I have a pompadour with straight hair and mine doesn't even look as good as that

nice, how much do you curl the front of the pompadour backwards?

I curl my hair with a comb very close to my skin for a smaller pompadour which I prefer but sometimes I go higher up on my hair for a bigger pomp.
11-22-2013, 02:39 PM
that is an amazing pomp for sure! he has a good stylist
11-27-2013, 09:20 AM
good photo, stylist must be pretty skilled to pull that off
12-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Found this picture of a pompadour hairstyle seen from below so that you can notice the mass of hair that is formed to shape the quiff in the pompadour hairstyle.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
12-02-2013, 12:09 PM
(06-17-2013 11:06 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  I raise you this straight hair Pompadour, Stevens Wink

I dislike the neo pompadour hairstyles with a messy style and undercuts and other hair clipper cuts that are being bastardised these days. A classic pompadour hairstyle uses the sides of the head to blending the shape of the quiff all the way back to the crown.
I raise you this pompadour hairstyle from Elvis in the picture attached, now that's a rock and roll pompadour!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
02-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Pompadours are the real sizzle, just saying
02-19-2014, 02:25 PM
I wonder what would be a good hair pomade to shape a more classic pompadour hairstyle or Rockabilly style. I just created a thread with the same question but basically it would be for a Rockabilly hair look like the one in the picture below. I am thinking a pomade with a water base wont work as well & a pomade with an oil base will work better so basically the whole 'greaser' look.
Opinions on which pomade to buy?

[Image: c2Kaqkh.jpg]
02-19-2014, 03:45 PM
Great oil pomades for Pompadour hairstyles like the greaser guys!
(02-19-2014 02:25 PM)Stevens Wrote:  I wonder what would be a good hair pomade to shape a more classic pompadour hairstyle or Rockabilly style. I just created a thread with the same question but basically it would be for a Rockabilly hair look like the one in the picture below. I am thinking a pomade with a water base wont work as well & a pomade with an oil base will work better so basically the whole 'greaser' look.

I have already answered in your thread about which pomade to buy, but I will also reply here in case others don't see my other reply.

I would recommend an oil-based pomade for the hairstyle above or any other greaser look style, including Pompadours. Out of oil-based pomades, I would with the following which you can find at Amazon for an excellent price:
  • This premium oil-based pomade: one of my favorites. Doesn't contain petrolatum (a cheap ingredient mostly abused by cheap pomades) and instead gets its oomph from the beeswax and essential oils used. Nice smell and good shine. Easier to wash than just about all other oil-based pomades. It will also make the shape of the Rockabilly or Pompadour stand out more, especially if you have wavy hair or have straight hair but want to get a more shaped style.
  • This oil-based pomade: can't beat this one for a solid good old-fashioned oil-based pomade. It's a greaser pomade and has a bit more of a strong hold than the pomade above but it is also harder to remove. Comes as a 7 ounce product which is why it costs more, but for 7 ounces the price is magnificent and cheaper (by weight) than the premium pomade above. I found the sheen it's a bit more than the premium pomade but for the hairstyle you have in mind the sheen of the first (premium) pomade will do very well too.
Choose any of the two pomades above according to your budget and to any other men's hair products you may want to purchase when buying the pomade (so you get better shipping fees), and go with your chosen pomade. Whichever of the two pomades above you decide to go with, you'll be making a great purchasing decision Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
02-24-2014, 03:37 PM
You know is funny that i can do a pompadour on myself even with my eyes closed but have issues getting one done on a client wtf

(12-02-2013 12:09 PM)Barber Wrote:  
(06-17-2013 11:06 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  I raise you this straight hair Pompadour, Stevens Wink

I dislike the neo pompadour hairstyles with a messy style and undercuts and other hair clipper cuts that are being bastardised these days. A classic pompadour hairstyle uses the sides of the head to blending the shape of the quiff all the way back to the crown.
I raise you this pompadour hairstyle from Elvis in the picture attached, now that's a rock and roll pompadour!

This!! just say no to those new shaped pomp styled lol come on TMHF i thought you had better taste. You sure you were not trolling Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin [joking pls don't ban me now! Smile]

(02-19-2014 03:45 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(02-19-2014 02:25 PM)Stevens Wrote:  I wonder what would be a good hair pomade to shape a more classic pompadour hairstyle or Rockabilly style. I just created a thread with the same question but basically it would be for a Rockabilly hair look like the one in the picture below. I am thinking a pomade with a water base wont work as well & a pomade with an oil base will work better so basically the whole 'greaser' look.

I have already answered in your thread about which pomade to buy, but I will also reply here in case others don't see my other reply.

I would recommend an oil-based pomade for the hairstyle above or any other greaser look style, including Pompadours. Out of oil-based pomades, I would with the following which you can find at Amazon for an excellent price:
  • This oil-based pomade: can't beat this one for a solid good old-fashioned oil-based pomade. It's a greaser pomade and has a bit more of a strong hold than the pomade above but it is also harder to remove. Comes as a 7 ounce product which is why it costs more, but for 7 ounces the price is magnificent and cheaper (by weight) than the premium pomade above. I found the sheen it's a bit more than the premium pomade but for the hairstyle you have in mind the sheen of the first (premium) pomade will do very well too.

This one above is a great recommendation from TMHF and is a as good as you can get for the greaser look. Fyi greaser does not mean your hair is styled with motor oil like some people think the myth goes lol it just means your hair will have shine and a sleek texture to it. That pom or the other one he also recommended are just about my top two for this too tho the actual Black and White he posted above seals it mate Smile
04-30-2014, 11:38 AM
I am just not a huge fan of this look!
06-08-2014, 01:16 AM
I actually don't mind the new pompadour look (the messy-styled aspect of it, at least)! I'm not a fan of a tapered pompadours because to me, it begins to look like a helmet.
06-11-2014, 09:24 AM

That's one heck of a pompadour.

I wish I had the face shape for one, they're very debonair.
07-09-2014, 02:29 PM
How do you achieve a nice smooth curve in the front? I'm debating getting a pompadour when my hair gets a bit longer. However, most of the pompadours I've been seeing lately look like they are just straight, curving only at the very top and I don't really like how it looks.
07-11-2014, 01:17 PM
oh this is the type of pomp im trying to achieve but i gotta grow out my hair more
07-19-2014, 07:38 AM
retro pompadours always look incredible! Now if only i could pull it off...
09-13-2014, 01:00 PM
very nice looking style! Smile
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Need a new style help me zach2349 0 162 10-11-2016 09:14 AM
Last Post: zach2349
  New hairstyle for straight hair - Quiff or long hairstyles? Wayne Baskin 0 275 09-23-2016 09:22 AM
Last Post: Wayne Baskin
  Hair Too Straight and Thick! Want Natural Combover Hairstyle StraightHairProblems 0 386 09-06-2016 03:15 AM
Last Post: StraightHairProblems
  How to style fluffy curly hair into soft straight hairstyle MustafaZorrok 0 386 06-28-2016 03:25 PM
Last Post: MustafaZorrok