Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newcamer !
02-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Newcamer !
Hey, guys. I stumbled upon your community after a google search for hair inspirations. It's so cool you all are here. I'm 42 and I've been a lifeline fan of long hair, but have always had trouble growing it out--I start to feel self-conscious about it as soon as it gets about five inches long, thinking it looks too thin, stringy and greasy.
Then there are the comments. It's amazing how many people think it's OK to tell you they don't like your hair, that you should get a haircut, that you're too old for long hair. It gets to you! I'm glad I found you guys as a counterpoint to all that, because I really am happier with long hair.
So…this is me at work. I'll try to take a better pic at home later.
Thanks for the encouragement guys!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: Newcamer !
Welcome around, bud! Smile

You're certainly in the right place as we welcome everyone to join our community and document his hair journey. We will be opening a new hair journey section where you can track your progress, but, needless to say, we've got a big group of curly dudes in this community from all ages and backgrounds so you will feel at home and will be able to relate to others.

And yes, many people think they have the right to comment on one's hair. With curly hair, many men tend to have low self-confidence due to their hair and how "funny" it can look, but the good news is that the right hair care and approach can completely turn the tables and have your hair looking great! Other than, of course, browsing our forum and interacting with others, I highly recommend you to get the book The Curly Hair Book as it is written by a curly dude himself (Rogelio Samson) who is the internet's most recognized hair expert, and he happens to be a mod here too so we usually pester him with questions on curly hair Big GrinBig Grin His book has all the information you need for having great curls and it also has a lot of inspiration and motivation, it's a "must read" book for any male with curly hair and we highly recommend it.

Welcome again and we hope to be talking to you soon!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
02-07-2014, 03:23 AM
RE: Newcamer !
Welcome aboard, i'm new too. One is never too old or young for long hair.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------