Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Kinky Hair Dude Looking to Learn @ 49
07-02-2015, 01:30 PM
Newbie Kinky Hair Dude Looking to Learn @ 49
Hey Fellas,
Newbie Kinky Hair Dude just starting the process of growing his curls out. Was having a bad hair day and started contemplating haircuts and styles I might want to go back to, but began searching online for like-minded fellas to see if there was any encouragement I could garner to keep the kinks growing, and I lucked up on this forum.

My name is Christopher and I'm currently working in Corporate Banking. I'm 49 years of age, and many years ago while I was in college I grew my locks out, but this is my first time really focusing on letting my kinky curls do their thing without too much manipulation. As you can imagine, in banking there are do's and definite don'ts as it relates to your look regardless of race, but brothas imparticular have some strongly held views around what is corporate and what is not. Fortunately for me, I've been in the business long enough, and lived long enough not to be too negatively impacted by the "side eye" I've been getting of late as it relates to my hair. Today was a little different. The struggle was real today. Honestly, I'm not completely sure if the struggle I had today with my kinks was related to the perceived side eye I was getting, or if it was actually just an internal struggle. What I do know is that when I found this spot today (this forum) I felt better and decided to join.

I'm looking for information on 4b/4c type curls (not sure if that means anything here yet since hair typing is cool in some spots and not so cool in others), how to care for them, what products other tightly kinked brothas are using, cleansing processes, and just general motivation to stay on the journey. Any help and direction is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to a long and nappy connection with The Men's Hair Forum. Be well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Newbie Wants Long Hair ImNotSureIfiCanGrow 0 252 12-06-2015 07:46 PM
Last Post: ImNotSureIfiCanGrow
  Hello Newbie Here jkot11 0 322 08-04-2015 08:03 AM
Last Post: jkot11
  kinky hair epebinuwale 0 319 07-05-2015 04:18 PM
Last Post: epebinuwale
  Yo dude jimmy19 1 520 03-12-2015 01:28 AM
Last Post: mitchthegg