Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New hairstyle after fauxhawk and fade haircut with thick hair?
08-11-2015, 04:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2015 04:43 AM by Salvin23.)
New hairstyle after fauxhawk and fade haircut with thick hair?
Hey guys I have very thick hair for the most part, I just need a new style as I go back and forth from fauxhawk to short fade haircuts when I get bored. I need ideas for a new style so any suggestions would help, thanks. Picture:

[Image: o7plz9.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2015, 08:40 AM
RE: New hairstyle after fauxhawk and fade haircut with thick hair?
Since you naturally have a lot of hair I would recommend that you go for a slicked back undercut hairstyle. A slicked back undercut has the hair laying flat or semi flat on the scalp which is the opposite of what a fauxhawk hairstyle does. Also an undercut haircut is a different type of men's haircut compared to a fade haircut. An undercut will have all the hair on the sides and back of the head buzzed with a single hair clipper length while a fade haircut will buzz the sides and back of the head progressively with different hair clipper lengths.

For more information on the slicked back undercut hairstyle then see this slick back undercut guide that has lots of pictures of the hairstyle and lots of advice. When it comes to slicking your hair back you can use the classic version (hair lays completely flat on the scalp) or the modern version (hair has some volume while still slicked back). You can easily change from the classic slicked back style to the modern slicked back style, so don't worry about that.

If you're wondering how the slicked back undercut hairstyle looks like, here is a picture of David Beckham's slicked back undercut (modern version) as well as another picture of Jimmy Darmody's slicked back undercut (classic version):

[Image: David%20Beckham%20arrives%20at%20the%202...%8B-842538]

[Image: 8215954b661d2efaeee0aa30d8907da7.jpg]

This is a side view of the slicked back undercut hairstyle. You can see how the range of hair volume of this hairstyle can be adjusted as desired.

[Image: tumblr_lw4cn6PZa81qdgkyb.jpg]

If you want to achieve the classic version of the slicked back undercut then go with the Layrite pomade in this review which has a high shine and also a strong hold so as to keep your hair low and tight. If you would rathe slick back your hair in the modern version of this type of undercut hairstyle, then go with any of the hair waxes in this list of men's hairstyling waxes which includes different hair waxes according to your desired texture result (from that list I recommend that you get either the matte hair wax or the low-hold and strong-hold hair wax).

You already have a good hair length on the top of the head although you will need two more inches to get a dapper slicked back undercut. That's about three months of growing your hair longer so in the meantime, just keep styling your hair up like in the fauxhawk or like in the brush up hairstyle which has also been explained in this forum in that linked guide.

While you will still need a couple more months to be able to slick back the hair on the top of your head, I suggest that you get an undercut already so that you get the feel of how the undercut looks. Even though the undercut and the fade are two different types of men's haircuts, they both look similar when it comes to visual aesthetics. The fade haircut in the picture that you've posted looks good on you so I have no doubts that an undercut will also look great on you, and I speak from my experience as a barber.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to style hair in brush up hairstyle? Picture illustration Wongford 0 100 10-04-2016 06:41 AM
Last Post: Wongford
  How to fade or color medium bright brown hair nitulescu3 1 126 09-03-2016 08:47 AM
Last Post: shavey_guide
  Curls with Fade - Best of Both Worlds MarkusAurelius 9 986 07-27-2016 05:38 PM
Last Post: MarkusAurelius
  Conor McGregor hair style - How to get mohawk haircut? drs2016 0 542 11-23-2015 09:03 AM
Last Post: drs2016