Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New experience...scalp hurts with longer. Why?
02-09-2014, 12:46 PM
New experience...scalp hurts with longer. Why?
Hey guys, got a simple question that is probably super simple for those with experience as long-hairs. I have just noticed recently that the roots of my hair in the center of my scalp ache a bit and didn't remember this in the past. My hair is approaching long, below the jawline in the back and nearly there in the front.

I am living in Europe and so have the new lifestyle of walking outside in the wind A LOT. Would this contribute? I don't really use hair bands or ties that put a lot of pressure on the hair though I use them.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: New experience...scalp hurts with longer. Why?
Unless it is "painful", then quite likely it has been the effect of the wind. I have had the same happening when I had long hair, if it was a very windy day I would notice some kind of mild bothering/easy soreness on the scalp or if I had pulled my hair. However, this is barely noticeable and only if you have subjected your long locks to a lot of tension as is the case of a very windy day.

Bear in mind that growing your hair long is a journey of its own and you will be going through new experiences unimaginable for short hair as your hair gets longer. Stuff as, for example, how you sleep, can directly impact the state of your hair. In fact, if you are sleeping with your hair loose and you are catching your hair between your head and the pillow and then pulling it, that could lead to some soreness too.

Having said the above if it is actually painful, then go to the doctor as that could be a sign of something more serious such as a scalp infection.

P.S: we are opening a new section for hair journeys so keep an eye out as you'll be able to create your own thread to track all these kinds of issues and get feedback too Smile The journey os long hair is a really experimental one most guys enjoy!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------