Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New brush up hairstyle. Finally understood what hair aesthetics is all about
02-17-2015, 01:02 PM
New brush up hairstyle. Finally understood what hair aesthetics is all about
Guys what do you think of this brush up hairstyle?? took me a while to get it perfected but i finally got the hair dryer groove going one... big difference what a better hairdryer does lol to think all the time i wasted with the piece of rats i had.
... sorry i had no thread here before but when i joined there was no logging section, also my hair look like chit Big Grin thanks to the guys here in the forum, mods, the mens hair book, getting a better barber etc i was able to understand what this hair styling aesthetics is all about and put myself to it.
Crazy how a better hairstyle can get you chicks attention... before there were no funks given... now they come to me lol if only i had a time machine, also i started doing more running and some weights so that helped i guess. Not 100% happy with the brush up hairstyle right now but it is getting there, i'm thinking going for a man bun for late 2015, after summer. Thoughts?

Anyway just another wannabe brush up hairstyle to add to the forum Big Grin

[Image: jprPvxL.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2015, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 03:24 PM by Alex.)
RE: New brush up hairstyle. Finally understood what hair aesthetics is all about
Way to go dude! still remember when you sent the picture with the buzzcut ha ha damn you got yourself some awesome brush up hair style. I may consider now swapping over to the brush up again just to try and get all that volume you get.

So your following of all the instructions in the brush up hairstyle guide?
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...t=brush+up
Or do you apply some hairstyle sizzle? also care to share what's your hair ID since you have also read the Mens Hair book?

Gonna edit my post to add this question, is that the Tigi wax you were talking in one of your posts that you had right?
02-19-2015, 11:44 AM
RE: New brush up hairstyle. Finally understood what hair aesthetics is all about
Great brush up hairstyle. I know many guys swear that it looks difficult to style but if you can get it done, then even a monkey could (lol just kidding mate, it takes some grooving). No real styling skill needed for the brush up hair style, meaning that more emphasis is on the hair products than actual styling. It's one of the few hairstyles where the hair product takes over in importance from the hairstyling or hair type.

The key to a great brush up hairstyle is the hair dryer. Glad you finally realised that because you would otherwise be spinning your wheels on sand. I know many lads are skeptic of buying a tad more expensive hair dryer but it really makes a huge difference as seen here.

The brush up looks like you did it with wax, am I right? If so which styling wax did you use? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you used the Tigi wax.

Great job mate.
02-20-2015, 02:34 PM
Great hairstyle progress, Machado! Especially considering how you started.

Did you change anything with regards to your nutrition? Your hair has that healthy look that comes from good hair care. Considering that you need to use a hair dryer for the Brush Up hairstyle, that's some pretty good hair care you've gotten yourself.

All in all, here we have with Machado yet another example of how this forum continues to help guys get the look they want and desire. I'm happy to see these threads, and, in your case Machado, to see your progress as I do remember seeing your starting point when you joined.

Keep it up Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
02-21-2015, 02:30 PM
thanks for the comments Smile the brush up is just about fluffing the hair up with the hair dryer imo so it is not difficult at all, i thought it would be more difficult.
I used Tigi for the most part but i also used Gatsby as i bought some from this thread http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...um-members some good waxes and yea they work to restyle the hair, the tubs are funky tho with the colours lol

(02-17-2015 03:22 PM)Alex Wrote:  Way to go dude! still remember when you sent the picture with the buzzcut ha ha damn you got yourself some awesome brush up hair style. I may consider now swapping over to the brush up again just to try and get all that volume you get.

So your following of all the instructions in the brush up hairstyle guide?
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...t=brush+up
Or do you apply some hairstyle sizzle? also care to share what's your hair ID since you have also read the Mens Hair book?

Gonna edit my post to add this question, is that the Tigi wax you were talking in one of your posts that you had right?

Yes i used the brush hairstyle guide from the forum, the pics with the instructions are enough to get what the whole thing is about.
My hair id from the book is wavy/long/norwood 1, i think there was another one but i borrowed the book to a friend who has been pretty much stalking me seems i change my hair aesthetics lol i told hi go and buy the book but the guy didnt a book could do that so he asked me to please give him exactly what 'i used' to get my hair like that... so i gave him the book lol the guy is studying the book like its bible
Re: the waxes see above, yeah that is the one Smile and my picture with the buzzed hair haha please don't mention it haha
02-21-2015, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2015 02:43 PM by Machado.)
(02-20-2015 02:34 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Great hairstyle progress, Machado! Especially considering how you started.

Did you change anything with regards to your nutrition? Your hair has that healthy look that comes from good hair care. Considering that you need to use a hair dryer for the Brush Up hairstyle, that's some pretty good hair care you've gotten yourself.

All in all, here we have with Machado yet another example of how this forum continues to help guys get the look they want and desire. I'm happy to see these threads, and, in your case Machado, to see your progress as I do remember seeing your starting point when you joined.

Keep it up Smile

WRT hair nutrition, this is what i used or improved...
  • whey protein, i took this tip from the book and then i read in the forum that some of you guys were doing it too so i do two scoops in the morning
  • fish oil, this should be sold in hair salons, funky magic, noticed the changes in two weeks
  • multi vitamin, hair feels stronger
  • zinc with copper, i am not going bald but just in case, also helps with testosterone and acne
  • vitamin c, need that chit for student life, any scars heat faster, so it probably is doing good stuff to my hair follicles
I wanted to get the cod liver oil that Rogelio recommends in the book but i could only get the liquid stuff and not the soft gels, the liquid cod liver oil is too gross to drink it down dude, maybe i'm a wuss but i would rather have rotten Brussels sprouts than have a tablespoon of cod liver. I would have liked to try the cod liver oil, so if i can get some cod liver oil in soft caps for a good price then i will give it a try
02-22-2015, 06:49 AM
(02-21-2015 02:41 PM)Machado Wrote:  WRT hair nutrition, this is what i used or improved...
  • whey protein, i took this tip from the book and then i read in the forum that some of you guys were doing it too so i do two scoops in the morning
  • fish oil, this should be sold in hair salons, funky magic, noticed the changes in two weeks
  • zinc with copper, i am not going bald but just in case, also helps with testosterone and acne
  • vitamin c, need that chit for student life, any scars heat faster, so it probably is doing good stuff to my hair follicles
I wanted to get the cod liver oil that Rogelio recommends in the book but i could only get the liquid stuff and not the soft gels, the liquid cod liver oil is too gross to drink it down dude, maybe i'm a wuss but i would rather have rotten Brussels sprouts than have a tablespoon of cod liver. I would have liked to try the cod liver oil, so if i can get some cod liver oil in soft caps for a good price then i will give it a try

Hey mate thanks for posting more into how you got your brush up hairstyle. The part on hair nutrition is very relevant, it's mind boggling how many guys skip the right hair nutrition and still expect the hair of a male model. Unless you have awesome hair genes, it just isn't going to happen unless you start eating right for your hair type.

I saw that you also started going to the gym, that's a good move and the nutrition you posted will also help with your weight-training.

Cheers!
02-23-2015, 09:34 AM
Your hair looks awesome dude!! I like how it resembles the brush up hairstyle of Zayn Malik. That's the hairstyle that has gotten Zayn all over the press and the hairstyle he had as One Direction was being launched. You need trendy hairstyles for a new boy band, boring or ugly hairstyles screw up the launching of a boy band, I actually read this from an interview faturing Simon Cowell himself on how the way the guys from One Direction look is half of the whole package, and their hairstyles are a big thing to control so they need to be wearing the latest hairstyles or even start a new hairstyle trend.

I have seen other forum members posting pictures of regular undercuts so I think your brush up hairstyle picture, which is a less common mens hairstyle (yet), will help other guys reading this thread and wanting to have some motivation to acquire aesthetic hair! Smile
02-26-2015, 12:00 PM
Nutrition and diet is very important for men's hair. Good cod liver oil is cheap too!
(02-21-2015 02:41 PM)Machado Wrote:  WRT hair nutrition, this is what i used or improved...

Good job on keeping up with your hair's nutritional needs as such needs can only be achieved with a nutrient-dense diet or, on the other hand, by nutritional supplementation. As a matter of fact, the same healthy diet used for keeping in shape and healthy favors one's own hair. Scalp hair is usually among the first areas of the body to reflect the the body's overall health, and doctors will regard hair loss, brittle hair and slow growth rate as important symptoms (if they're present) when diagnosing disease.

About cod liver oil, I do agree that it tastes pretty bad if you take it orally as a liquid. If you're going to be going down the liquid route, it's best to buy cod liver oil that is blended with a lemon flavor which disguises the taste. Otherwise, it's best to go with soft gel capsules, but watch out for any burps! You will taste the cod liver oil if you burp within the first minutes of gulping down the soft gels! Big Grin Still, a very small price to pay for such a healthy food supplement.

I'm surprised though that you haven't found a high-quality cheap source of cod liver oil soft gels, as there's quite a few of them. I personally recommend THIS cod liver oil supplement with soft-gel capsules from one of the leading brands and with the added lemon flavor to not have any issues with burping Smile The cod liver oil supplement in the link is also a great overall choice as not only is it an excellent supplement and source of cod liver oil but it will also last you a good 2 to 4 months and its price is very affordable!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
02-27-2015, 07:47 AM

I envy your hair Smile I had similar thickness in my mid teenage years but I got hit with male pattern baldness too early. I certainly miss those days but what can you do about it. The good news is that with the help of the guys in this forum I have been able to tame the hair loss and hair thinning. No surprise you managed to get that cool hairstyle, the guys here know their stuff. I didn't get to see your initial picture. Was it from when the forum was started?

Also I'm going to vouch for cod fish oil. Like TheMensHairForum posted too only that he recommended cod liver oil which is even better for hair. I would go as far as to say that fish oil has helped with my hair thinning. Fish oil has anti inflammatory properties so it's some healthy stuff for general health anyways. If I were you I would try cod liver oil, it comes with natural vitamin A by the boatload so it's awesome for your hair follicles and for hair loss.
02-28-2015, 07:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 07:16 AM by Machado.)
thank y'all for the replies! i am going to give cod liver oil with the soft gels a shot. Considering the good hair results that fish oil and cod liver oil gives... why isn't it more talked about? it looks like after cod liver oil was mentioned in the mens hair book everyone has been jumping on the stuff. Was this supplement talked before as much as it is nowadays?
Sure cod liver oil or fish oil is about hair care but is the lack of hair care advice for mens hair the reason for that?

oh chit i just saw the cod liver oil with soft gels recommended below by you guys lol i started a new thread some ten minutes ago asking for a good source of cod liver oil Big Grin ok i'm going to get this one then.

(02-26-2015 12:00 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  I'm surprised though that you haven't found a high-quality cheap source of cod liver oil soft gels, as there's quite a few of them. I personally recommend THIS cod liver oil supplement with soft-gel capsules from one of the leading brands and with the added lemon flavor to not have any issues with burping Smile The cod liver oil supplement in the link is also a great overall choice as not only is it an excellent supplement and source of cod liver oil but it will also last you a good 2 to 4 months and its price is very affordable!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is my face shape and how do I choose my hairstyle? gamershawk 0 95 11-16-2016 06:46 AM
Last Post: gamershawk
  Hairstyle advice for dry short straight hair with round face shape overprotected 4 241 10-28-2016 02:24 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  How to shape 2 Step Undercut Hairstyle with thick hair products Ruadhri 0 147 10-24-2016 01:52 PM
Last Post: Ruadhri
  How to style hair in brush up hairstyle? Picture illustration Wongford 0 177 10-04-2016 06:41 AM
Last Post: Wongford