Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New and Need Advice
06-24-2014, 08:25 PM
New and Need Advice
Hi guys,

I just found this site. I am a 26 year old male and I am trying to find the best haircut to go with my facial structure. I have brown straight, thick hair. I have been getting it faded with a 0 on the sides and backs for a while now as that have always looked best on me.. I believe this style looked best on me because I have a round face and with the top being longer and the sides/back shorter perhaps it gave the illusion of a less round face?

Over the last year I have gotten the fade, 0 on the sides/back and i've stuck up the front which was about an inch long. Now I am growing my hair out as I'd like to try a different look. I was thinking of growing out the top longer and continuing to cut the sides and back fade style and do an undercut with the top pushed back and/or to the side.. Is this a smart move? Do you guys have any other suggestions on what I should/could do? I know I look terrible with a crew cut- or with one hair length all around as it just makes me face look even rounder..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2014, 05:27 AM
RE: New and Need Advice
Yeah let it grow and try an undercut with volume, going to give you the longer face ilusion for sure, or a brushed up even better. Got nothing to lose after all. Until the desirable length you can go with a Recon military haircut imo. Cheers
06-25-2014, 06:03 AM
(06-24-2014 08:25 PM)newhairguy11 Wrote:  Hi guys,

I just found this site. I am a 26 year old male and I am trying to find the best haircut to go with my facial structure. I have brown straight, thick hair. I have been getting it faded with a 0 on the sides and backs for a while now as that have always looked best on me.. I believe this style looked best on me because I have a round face and with the top being longer and the sides/back shorter perhaps it gave the illusion of a less round face?

Over the last year I have gotten the fade, 0 on the sides/back and i've stuck up the front which was about an inch long. Now I am growing my hair out as I'd like to try a different look. I was thinking of growing out the top longer and continuing to cut the sides and back fade style and do an undercut with the top pushed back and/or to the side.. Is this a smart move? Do you guys have any other suggestions on what I should/could do? I know I look terrible with a crew cut- or with one hair length all around as it just makes me face look even rounder..

You should really post this elsewhere , This is a section just to post about yourself so for some better feedback you should post somewhere relevant , When I first came here I pretty much asked the same question , I thought I had a round face shape and I wanted to try a undercut.

After talking to a few of the barbers and TMHF on here , I have been advised that your face shape is more likely an oval shape , and very little people actually have truly round faces.I have also been advised to avoid a undercut , Instead go for a taper cut with some length / volume on top , You could post this in the relevant section and get more advice from others but that is what I have been told by TMHF and one of the barbers on here.
06-25-2014, 06:44 AM
(06-25-2014 05:27 AM)ReapeR Wrote:  Yeah let it grow and try an undercut with volume, going to give you the longer face ilusion for sure, or a brushed up even better. Got nothing to lose after all. Until the desirable length you can go with a Recon military haircut imo. Cheers

Thanks alot, I'm going to to th ebarber today so I will fade the sides and back and grow the top!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Looking for curly hair barnet advice - Hi Based1 1 472 10-04-2015 08:04 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
Wink Olivier Giroud and Macklemore haircut advice - Hi from Italy Dicuuu 6 1,190 07-07-2015 02:07 AM
Last Post: Dicuuu
  Long hair guy advice and knowledge to grow a longer mane!! Mane Man 4 883 07-05-2015 03:52 PM
Last Post: TheLonghair701
  Hey, looking for some hair advice and hairstyle ideas! SPADtrap 2 872 04-26-2015 10:11 PM
Last Post: rodolf094