Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Subforum suggestions - Voice your opinion
05-13-2013, 05:10 PM
New Subforum suggestions - Voice your opinion
As many of you will know, we have just launched The Men's Hair Forum 2 days ago. We have decided to right now keep the subforums to a minimal so that we can get a growing community first and then start looking to add more subforums.

At this very moment, these are the subforums we have:
  • Cool Men's Hair
  • Hairstyles and Haircuts
  • Hair Loss
  • Straight Hair
  • Curly Hair
  • Long Hair
  • Celebrity Men

What other subforums would you like to have? We will be including other subforums unrelated to men's hair but still related to looking good, so feel free to mention subforums you'd think would be a good addition for both men's hair and non men's hair.

Please post your ideas and suggestion here.

Thanks.

The Men's Hair Forum Team

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2013, 09:01 PM
RE: New Subforum suggestions - Voice your opinion
im really enjoying the forum and learnt already a couple of important stuff in one day alone so couldn't ask for more. Maybe a lounge area? talk about anything except the touchy topics (eg religion, politics etc).
05-14-2013, 04:23 PM
I like the structure so far and agree a lounge area would be a good add.
05-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Thank you. We already planned a Lounge section (more like a Misc. section) so we're happy to hear community members are liking the idea of that.
We're open to hearing more suggestions.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-16-2013, 02:28 PM
We definitively need a Logs section to go along the Introduction section.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
05-16-2013, 03:09 PM
(05-13-2013 09:01 PM)Toulalan Wrote:  im really enjoying the forum and learnt already a couple of important stuff in one day alone so couldn't ask for more. Maybe a lounge area? talk about anything except the touchy topics (eg religion, politics etc).

(05-14-2013 04:23 PM)Zorba Wrote:  I like the structure so far and agree a lounge area would be a good add.

(05-16-2013 02:28 PM)Curly Hair Wrote:  We definitively need a Logs section to go along the Introduction section.

Thank you for the replies. We're taking them into account.
05-21-2013, 05:57 PM
I think the forums r a great idea as a whole, I would suggest not going too offtopic perhaps.
05-28-2013, 02:18 AM
A new sub forum has been added, Hair Products subforum. In here we can all discuss hair products for men and you are more than welcome to post your own opinions and experiences with different products.

If you discover any posts with an exclusive commercial intent, please report them and we will take care of it/them immediately.
05-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Looks great Admin, and the new Hair Products subforum is being of good use to our members already!

06-17-2013, 11:02 PM
We are now considering a Natural Hair section too. Forum members fell free to voice on this.

Thanks.

07-23-2013, 12:35 AM
I think a sub forum on hair journey is a must as most of the guys would at some point like to grow their hair long.
07-25-2013, 05:11 PM
(07-23-2013 12:35 AM)Bones Wrote:  I think a sub forum on hair journey is a must as most of the guys would at some point like to grow their hair long.

Thanks for the suggestion Bones and welcome to the forum!

We are sill evolving the forum as it grows so we appreciate any suggestions. I think your suggestion is great and is one we had talked with the admin of the site. How is your case, are you growing your hair long or looking after properly?

07-26-2013, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 10:53 AM by Bones.)
(07-25-2013 05:11 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(07-23-2013 12:35 AM)Bones Wrote:  I think a sub forum on hair journey is a must as most of the guys would at some point like to grow their hair long.

Thanks for the suggestion Bones and welcome to the forum!

We are sill evolving the forum as it grows so we appreciate any suggestions. I think your suggestion is great and is one we had talked with the admin of the site. How is your case, are you growing your hair long or looking after properly?

Thanks for responding TMHF. This forum is amazing. Big Grin I have medium length type II hair about 4-5 inches long and I am letting them grow long to model after Jim Morrison from the doors. Currently I get my hair trimmed every 2 months but I'm thinking of decreasing the frequency as I feel like going two steps forward and one step backward with my hair. How often should someone with a similar goal get a haircut/trim. Also, does cutting your hair often really helps it grow fast or is it just a myth?

Why am I unable to create a new thread? Every time I try the following message is displayed:
Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

I had to patiently wait for a few days as I didn't want to hijack anyone else's thread. Any help will be much appreciated.
07-26-2013, 06:03 PM
That's awesome, Type II is the curl type of Jim Morrison if I'm correct (Rogelio is the one who created the curl type guide and he is in this forum so maybe ask him). You should not be getting any trims actually, this is a myth and you are simply slowing down your hair growing. Unless you are damaging your hair (very unlikely) you dont need trims at all. Never get trims if your goal is to grow your hair out.

About the posting of a thread, we put this in place because it has been our experience in the first two months of our existence that a small % of members only join to ask questions about themselves without adding anything to the forum. This forum is not an online hairdresser and anyone thinking so is not welcome in this forum. We have the best hair experts in this forum and anyone joining only to be a selfish fool only asking questions for their selfish benefit is doing a disservice to himself. Im sure you have landed in many spammy websites that have rats content, well, this forum was initially created to offer a place for men to talk all about hair and get the best answers and experience, and we got the best people to do this.

May I suggest you read our FAQ here http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...lease-read

We will be opening a Misc section too to talk about anything unrelated to hair, so that way we can give members another mean of interacting. Our forum is very new still so we are doing our best to optimize it and make the visiting experience a great one.

07-29-2013, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2013 01:36 PM by Barber.)
I think it was Admin some weeks ago who mentioned the hair journey section and we had agreed it was good too. I think we may be ready TMHF Smile

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
07-29-2013, 05:41 PM
i do think 2 a journey sort of section would be good for the forum.
good choice to limit the ability to start threads etc for members with no posts or a couple of posts as i noticed some members joining only to get their own free hairdresser "consultation" lol
08-24-2013, 06:22 PM
I think there should be some sort of sub-forum dedicated to hair products, and essentials you should have.
08-24-2013, 07:34 PM
(08-24-2013 06:22 PM)FreshDonuts Wrote:  I think there should be some sort of sub-forum dedicated to hair products, and essentials you should have.

Welcome to the community FreshDonuts! Thanks for the suggestions but we do already have a whole hair products subforum and also have a full on best hair products for men thread.

You do have a point about a section or perhaps a big thread on hair products essentials to have, good thinking! I'll pass your feedback to the other admins so we make a decision on it Smile

08-28-2013, 06:53 AM
How about a sub forum for old hairstyles? Like pompadours, mullets, and other styles. I think it would be cool because I like to have 80's hair.
12-26-2013, 12:17 PM
Wink RE: New Subforum suggestions - Voice your opinion
I know this is not necessarily a hairstyle but what about a guide on how to use your hair when wearing a Beanie? Specially the Slouch variant (curly hair included).
Even though it's quite Hipster, many celebrities wear it (David Beckham, Jake Gyllenhaal, Johnny Depp, Colin Farrel, Ashton Kutcher, Zac Efron, Harry Styles, etc) and it would be relevant because it's Winter already (I mean, in some places!). Tongue

I would make it myself but I don't want to go against any rules and I might not know the specific name for certain variants. ^^'
Anyway, just a thought! Angel
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------