Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Looking for help on growing out thick hair
11-30-2014, 06:53 PM
New Looking for help on growing out thick hair
Hi all, brand new to the forum and appreciate pointers I've already read on existing threads and any help anyone can offer to me. I have fairly thick hair that I've kept short for about 15 years and I'm looking to grow it out to about medium length or maybe just slightly long on top and front. I'd love to go for a look like Jake Gyllenhaal -- not from prisoner movie but more of a longer semi comb over look. Would post pics but this forum is not letting me link to them?

My hair is not only thick but somewhat wirey too and tends to be dry. I have a good stylist who is going to just try to cut my hair on the back and sides every 6 weeks or so and just a little on top.

Welcome any feedback at all about product or process of growing it out or whether this hairstyle would look ok on me or not.

I will post my pics but like i said above it's not letting me right now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2014, 06:38 PM
RE: New Looking for help on growing out thick hair
Just found the posting guidelines and realize now why I couldn't post images. I was trying to link to another site and wasn't using a free image service to embed the link. Also didn't realize we aren't supposed to ask questions about hair in first "introduce yourself" post. I'll create a new post and try on the pics again with my questions.
12-11-2014, 04:56 PM
(11-30-2014 06:53 PM)bender Wrote:  Hi all, brand new to the forum and appreciate pointers I've already read on existing threads and any help anyone can offer to me. I have fairly thick hair that I've kept short for about 15 years and I'm looking to grow it out to about medium length or maybe just slightly long on top and front. I'd love to go for a look like Jake Gyllenhaal -- not from prisoner movie but more of a longer semi comb over look. Would post pics but this forum is not letting me link to them?

My hair is not only thick but somewhat wirey too and tends to be dry. I have a good stylist who is going to just try to cut my hair on the back and sides every 6 weeks or so and just a little on top.

Welcome any feedback at all about product or process of growing it out or whether this hairstyle would look ok on me or not.

Hi!
I read that to be able to post images you must send 50 messages.
I hope it was less but those are the rules.
I also have thick hair and want to grow it out but I think it cannot make this on my own and need help from you guys here. Especially the moderator seems really smart.
12-11-2014, 05:21 PM
(12-11-2014 04:56 PM)Mille Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 06:53 PM)bender Wrote:  Hi all, brand new to the forum and appreciate pointers I've already read on existing threads and any help anyone can offer to me. I have fairly thick hair that I've kept short for about 15 years and I'm looking to grow it out to about medium length or maybe just slightly long on top and front. I'd love to go for a look like Jake Gyllenhaal -- not from prisoner movie but more of a longer semi comb over look. Would post pics but this forum is not letting me link to them?

Hi!
I also have thick hair and want to grow it out but I think it cannot make this on my own and need help from you guys here. Especially the moderator seems really smart.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe we can help each other out.

[Image: YZcEqhk.jpg]
[Image: P0rnuZ8.jpg]
[Image: A0z0XUL.jpg]
12-12-2014, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2014 09:17 AM by Mille.)
(12-11-2014 05:21 PM)bender Wrote:  

Hi!

Here's an attempt to post pics without posting to a real link. Just remove the x in front of the link:
xwww.office-routing.com/download/PB304352.jpg
xwww.office-routing.com/download/PB304353.jpg
xwww.office-routing.com/download/jakeG.jpg

Nice hair really!
I want to post pictures in the way you did with an x in front but still didn't manage!

Xs2.postimg.org/5ckiy8z49/Hi3.png

Okay it worked. Just remove the X.

I want my hair to be like Brad Pitt's
Xs4.postimg.org/lezsr1bot/Sk_rmavbild_2014_12_09_kl_01_05_28.png
12-13-2014, 01:44 PM
(12-12-2014 09:15 AM)Mille Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 05:21 PM)bender Wrote:  

Hi!

Here's an attempt to post pics without posting to a real link. Just remove the x in front of the link:
xwww.office-routing.com/download/PB304352.jpg
xwww.office-routing.com/download/PB304353.jpg
xwww.office-routing.com/download/jakeG.jpg

Nice hair really!
I want to post pictures in the way you did with an x in front but still didn't manage!

Xs2.postimg.org/5ckiy8z49/Hi3.png

Okay it worked. Just remove the X.

I want my hair to be like Brad Pitt's
Xs4.postimg.org/lezsr1bot/Sk_rmavbild_2014_12_09_kl_01_05_28.png

Thanks for your response. I guess we are just talking to ourselves. In my thinking, I would expect that you could obtain something close to that Brad Pitt pic if you used a firm hold suavecito pomade (recommended elsewhere by the admins on here) and just had the right length of hair. You might just have more volume (height) than he does because of hair being more coarse than his.
12-28-2014, 12:49 PM
Yup, know how the thick-hair thing goes! Keep us posted on your solutions!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hello, all - From shaving hair to growing a hairstyle steveoh562 1 400 09-03-2015 11:09 AM
Last Post: Panther
  Growing long hair, from an undercut. hamez harris 0 410 02-15-2015 07:26 AM
Last Post: hamez harris