Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Haircut/maintain my wavy hair
06-28-2013, 02:18 PM
New Haircut/maintain my wavy hair
Hey,

I haven't been giving importance to my hair at all until very recently. I am fed up of the typical hairstyle(now i think of it, it cannot be even called a style) that i have been having since ages.
in order to comb my hair properly, i had to wash my hair and even then, it used to be like that only for a while. then the odd looking pattern made its way. I have the pics.

[Image: 09032012198_zps714f4be2.jpg]

I really donno what to do. I have never applied gel. Once in 3-4 days, use shampoo which gives a slight relief. but then the next day hair becomes quite dry. My hair is neither very soft nor too rough but its thick/dense.
what do you guys suggest? a new haircut? or gel?
I am a student doing MS right now and probably in another 6months, will be starting my project at a company.
I am also planning to take of the mush and beard. pls suggest abt that as well.
thanks a ton
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2013, 05:24 PM
RE: New Haircut/maintain my wavy hair
you definitely want to use a shampoo that does NOT contain sulfates and also try co-washing which is washing with conditioner and then rinsing out with water. Also sleep on a silk pillow case and use a microfiber towel to dry off once you're out of the shower!
06-30-2013, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2013 09:41 PM by Barber.)
My friend, it's very simple:

1. What hairstyle do you want to have?
  2. What is your hair care like? Do you know what a conditioner is? A leave-in? Hair Pomade?
Have in mind a hairstyle you've seen and like. Go thru our hairstyle section of the forum to find epic hairstyles you will surely find one you like. From there, we can work on the hair.

(06-29-2013 05:24 PM)Spammer Wrote:  you definitely want to use a shampoo that does NOT contain sulfates

There is nothing wrong with sulphates. It's how you use a shampoo that matters, not whether it has sulphates or not, even still it is trial and error. Not a good recommendation of yours mate.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
08-04-2014, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2014 10:21 PM by guyverman.)
(06-30-2013 09:37 PM)Barber Wrote:  My friend, it's very simple:

1. What hairstyle do you want to have?
  2. What is your hair care like? Do you know what a conditioner is? A leave-in? Hair Pomade?
Have in mind a hairstyle you've seen and like. Go thru our hairstyle section of the forum to find epic hairstyles you will surely find one you like. From there, we can work on the hair.

(06-29-2013 05:24 PM)Spammer Wrote:  you definitely want to use a shampoo that does NOT contain sulfates

There is nothing wrong with sulphates. It's how you use a shampoo that matters, not whether it has sulphates or not, even still it is trial and error. Not a good recommendation of yours mate.

Good advice barber! Im new to the forum, just trying to get enough posts to make threads and post pictures. Definitely want to make my post with enough that yall can work with me.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can someone please tell what kind of haircut this is? thedelakore 0 126 11-12-2016 09:37 PM
Last Post: thedelakore
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 13,761 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  How long to grow medium afro hairstyle for wavy hair? R.mendez099 1 444 07-30-2016 01:56 AM
Last Post: PrettyboiJ21
  Help for growing out wavy voluminous hair! M.R88 0 295 07-21-2016 03:26 AM
Last Post: M.R88