Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New From San Diego, CA
07-28-2014, 06:11 PM
New From San Diego, CA
Hey -

I've been browsing through these forums over the past few weeks. I've had short/medium hair for the majority of the past decade and I've finally decided to grow it out. All of my Google searches would eventually lead me to here and it turns out they're best reads I've found so far. So I figured I'd join up!

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Best,
- rp
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2014, 08:05 PM
RE: New From San Diego, CA
Welcome to the forum bro! Any idea how long you want to grow your hair or how you want to style it?
07-29-2014, 10:17 AM
(07-28-2014 08:05 PM)B2stMode Wrote:  Welcome to the forum bro! Any idea how long you want to grow your hair or how you want to style it?

Yessir!

Definitely aiming for 5-6 inches and an undercut. I have some concerns regarding my hairline, hair thickness, and what in the world to do with it while I wait for it to grow out! I've read a lot about the cut on here, my concerns are pretty specific to my hair now. I suppose that would go in a different area though?
07-29-2014, 12:38 PM
Sweet, I'm currently doing the same lol. Close to 4 inches now so probably getting the undercut soon. Meanwhile, I've been styling mine in a side part, which imo you can't go wrong with if you have straight or wavy hair. But yes, like you said it is pretty specific to your hair if you want to stay looking your best while growing it out.
07-29-2014, 12:44 PM
Do you keep the sides/back close like an undercut for your side part? My head shape pretty much dictates always keeping the sides/back short, definitely a better look for me.
07-29-2014, 12:52 PM
Yeah, my last haircut about 4 weeks ago had the sides at a #1.
07-29-2014, 12:53 PM
I usually have to keep them short as well, due to Asian hair that likes to stick out lol
07-30-2014, 02:48 PM
I actually really like this idea of a side part style while growing out the hair. How long do you think the top by the sides needs to be before I can ask for this cut? My hair is longer in the center of my head as it's been blended into the sides previously.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------