Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Curly dude
07-09-2014, 01:30 AM
New Curly dude
Hi all!
I'm Tom, I have coily red hair which at a medium length grows to a dry boofy afro, right now my hair is short. My hair has always given me trouble and I have often searched the net for advice and never found any, I couldn't style it into any style, its dry and very coarse and the curls were impervious to all styling products. My hair problems really affected my confidence because I looked terrible and I couldn't do anything about it, I wanted to be able to have the hairstyles that straight haired guys had like 50's rockabilly styles. For the last few years I have been cutting my hair into a rockabilly style but as soon and the length is over 1.5 inches i had to cut it again to maintain the style, I got sick of cutting it so often and it didnt quite look right. I tried pomades and hair creams to try and style it but the curls wouldnt behave. I found Rogelio's website and bought his book, which I've started reading, I'm looking forward to actually knowing what I can do with my hair. I'm thinking of growing my hair like Brock Samson from the Venture bros. show, We'll see...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2014, 11:31 AM
RE: New Curly dude
Great to have another curly guy on board!

The Curly Hair Book (which is the book I assume you bought if it's from Rogelio Samson) is full of inspiration on curly hair so that you go from not liking your curls to customizing your curls to the way you are. The book is full of advice on curly hair but Rogelio went further and puts himself in your shoes to really inspire you and motivate you. The Curly Hair Book is an epic book for sure and you will enjoy it a lot Smile

The hairstyle of Brock Samson is what Rogelio coined the Metro Mullet which is a short mullet hairstyle with clipped sides (of the head) and a styled top. Rogelio coined this hairstyle after seeing Cristiano Ronaldo wear this hairstyle many years ago and then Rogelio saw lots of guys in Spain and Portugal emulating the same hairstyle (which at the time had no name, just the "Cristiano Ronaldo hairstyle").

This is Brock Samson's Metro Mullet hairstyle.

[Image: brock_samson_head_turnaround_by_ASCHELL.jpg]

I vaguely recall a fan of Manly Curls posting a picture of his newly permed curly mullet. I can't remember where in the Manly Curls website the picture was. I will try to see if Rogelio remembers and can let me know.

The curly men of this forum hang around for the most part in the Curly Hair section and the Natural Hair section. That is not to say that you should not browse other sections, but with this forum we have gone as far as to give you all dedicated forum sections for all hair types and styles.

Welcome again! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hey guys - New curly hair forum member anequito 1 730 10-10-2015 01:03 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Looking for curly hair barnet advice - Hi Based1 1 475 10-04-2015 08:04 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Newbie Kinky Hair Dude Looking to Learn @ 49 Lotus131 0 319 07-02-2015 01:30 PM
Last Post: Lotus131
  Im new here; how to make curly hair wavy jimsyd 0 411 03-13-2015 06:22 PM
Last Post: jimsyd