Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing Shave Cream review
09-20-2014, 03:10 AM
Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing Shave Cream review
This is a review of Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing shave cream. This Neutrogena Men shaving cream delivers some interesting and powerful results in terms of what it promises to do. I tested it for head shaving at first and then continued using it on and of together with other shaving gels and shaving foams. Despite me using it for head hair, the Neutrogena Men shave cream delivers even better results for facial hair (as I've experienced many times) than head shaving so this is one of those shaving creams you want to have around.

Truth be told, for some of us guys shaving our face is a daily battle. Still, we don't give the stubble fight much thought. We use the same stuff we first started shaving with. When my fight with stubble went to the next level, shaving my head (years ago, summer here is awful), I soon found I needed a different strategy than Pop's. I began to look for a new partner for my shaving team. I went a few a shaving rounds with different foams, gels, soaps and creams, and I have found shaving gels for sensitive skin that have really delivered great results for my sensitive skin. Since this was a long time ago, I still found another little gem for sensitive skin and razor bumps.

Neutrogena Men: Skin Clearing Shave Cream comes in a short tube weighing in at 5.1 fluid ounces (150 mL). On its back the tube flaunted and taunted with these claims:

No foam formula, improves your skin's condition every time you shave. Clinically proven by dermatologists to:

- Fight razor bumps and minimize ingrown hairs.

- Help protect against razor irritation.

- Improve skin's overall healthy look.

- Oil free, clean rinsing, won't clog pores.

Mighty big talk for such a feather weight. To match the big talk was a big price on the fight contract. $3.93 per tube at Walmart. Compared to the big guys this little tube wasn't talking cheap. It was a long shot but I decided to give a chance.

Bear in mind I used this product during the period I was shaving my head, not just my face. Scalp skin if more delicate at the beginning when you shave it for the first weeks, hence I really put the Neutrogena Men shaving cream to test!

Fight razor bumps and minimize ingrown hairs.

The use of the manly word "fight" is the catch. Unless it is rigged, no fight has a guaranteed outcome. How many bumps you take in a fight is another matter. Although Neutrogena's shave cream was a competitive edge, my fight against razor bumps and ingrown hair was a loss. My fight was not a total loss but a loss just the same.

In more wimpy terms the shaving cream "somewhat helps to prevent" razor bumps. On the back of my head and neck I did develop some minor razor rash and some bumps despite using the Neutrogena Men shaving cream. The bumps were tough contenders. It did get better with time and I do believe the shaving cream did moisturize my skin skin and enhance the lubrication over time. Also bear in mind to never shave against the grain or direction of your hair!

As for the ingrown hairs, those weenies had never really been a problem for me. Their cousins, the razor bumps, were the only contenders.

Help protect against razor irritation.

Here again Neutrogena's shave cream didn't quite go to the mat for me. Sure, it was better than the shaving foam I had been using but I was still getting razor burns. That's where the "Help" word comes in. It is a little trick of the tongue. It says the shaving cream will back you up in the fight against razor burns but it's not tough enough to stop the burns completely.

Of course, you want to have a new, sharp shaving razor in your corner when using the shaving cream. An old blade with a worn and chipped edge will heckle you, irritate your skin and encourage more burns. Throw that old bum out of the ring.

Even with the shaving cream, razor burns occasionally manage to leave their mark. After the final round of shaving is done, I turn to the comfort of a delicate aftershave oil. It has a pleasing scent and makes my skin baby smooth with a refreshing, minty, tingling sensation. It improves my skin's overall healthy look.

Improve skin's overall healthy look.

OK, sure thing. You're using clean hot water, shaving cream and a razor to scrape the stubble off your mug. Unless you hack off an ear or your nose, the shaving cream (along with clean hot water and a razor) does improve your skin's overall healthy look.

Oil free, clean rinsing, won't clog pores.

Here Neutrogena's shave cream comes through for you. One of my previous partners was regular baby oil. The baby oil did the job but my head still felt oily after rinsing. The shaving razor also required a few extra shakes under the water to rinse out the clogs between the blades. None of that happens with this shaving cream.

As for clogged pores, you have no worries there my friend. Neutrogena's shave cream contains salicylic acid. This is the stuff acne treatments use to pummel zits and black heads. A few weeks after using this particular shaving cream, the acne on my jaw and head showed up less and less. I have big pores so I'll never be rid of acne completely. However, this shaving cream does a good job.

Verdict

Personal hygiene products are just that, personal. Your personal results may be different from mine. Sure, the runt talks big but for the most part Neutrogena's shave cream does what it says. That said, I believe Neutrogena's shave cream is a good partner to have at my side while fighting the daily shaving battle.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Very useful review!
Thanks for this review of the Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing shave cream!

Neutrogena, along with a couple of other brands, have really gotten it right when it comes to mens skin care, and, of course, shaving creams. Irritation is a serious issue for many men as well as razor bumps and ingrown hairs (the latter being a common issue with fellow black men).

Glad to hear of this review and of how well worked the Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing shaving cream! I can vouch for its goodness too, and it's an affordable shaving cream too.

For those of you interested in reading more and/or buying the Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing shaving cream, go to THIS page here.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up How to Shave your Face - Wet Shaving Guide and Products Sunset 19 9,096 10-18-2016 10:53 PM
Last Post: Adam11
  Top mens shaving gels for sensitive skin Sunset 7 5,365 09-14-2016 04:22 PM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  Nivea for Men After Shave Balm Review Sunset 2 2,438 12-11-2014 04:50 PM
Last Post: Mille
  For black men which shaving cream is best? AfroJay 3 14,404 12-20-2013 08:38 AM
Last Post: Robert