Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to change everything - from hair quality, to style, to products.
04-29-2015, 03:31 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2015 03:33 AM by 23kid.)
Photo Need to change everything - from hair quality, to style, to products.
Sorry if this turns into a wall of text, I'll try to keep to the point.

I'm pretty unhappy with my hair and have been for a while. I've been unhappy with most cuts for the past few years, whenever I had my sides cut short with more length on top I thought I looked weird, which led to me learning about face shapes etc, and that I was almost definitely getting the complete opposite of what would work for me.
The quality of my hair is also an issue. I was on Accutane (Acne medication) last year which is known to dry out hair in some. Although the quality of my hair has been pretty bad even before this. Essentially I'm looking for a complete revamp, improving hair quality, choosing a style and products to maintain. I'm even going to replace my straighteners/dryer.

My hair 'type'
Super thick.
Wavy.
Dry/coarse.

My hair 'history'
Used to straighten it to death in my younger years.
I've had it cut relatively short in the past year, like too short to get straighteners through it.
Don't really straighten that often anymore, usually a bit on the front.

Attached a few pictures mainly to show face shape as the area I need most help with is: What style would look good?

http:// i157.photobucket.com/albums/t61/SummerGFX/3_1.png
http:// i157.photobucket.com/albums/t61/SummerGFX/2.png
http:// i157.photobucket.com/albums/t61/SummerGFX/photo.png

(Sorry for the text links - obviously as it's my first post I can't put in images. Unless there's something I'm missing.)

Anything else I've missed I can answer etc. I'm posting from a work break at the moment so I can't do any more pictures right now. Any and all information I will read and take on board, I've only realised recently how unhappy with my hair I've been. I will probably come back to edit/add more detail when I have a few minutes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2015, 07:39 AM
RE: Need to change everything - from hair quality, to style, to products.
Just had a check on this on my phone and I really wrote it out poorly, unrganised and should have waited until I had better hair pictures. Will update this properly tonight!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to shape 2 Step Undercut Hairstyle with thick hair products Ruadhri 0 145 10-24-2016 01:52 PM
Last Post: Ruadhri
  How to style hair in brush up hairstyle? Picture illustration Wongford 0 177 10-04-2016 06:41 AM
Last Post: Wongford
  Conor McGregor hair style - How to get mohawk haircut? drs2016 0 793 11-23-2015 09:03 AM
Last Post: drs2016
  Ideas on how to style short hair from a fade haircut Cloverpopper 0 573 09-26-2015 07:03 PM
Last Post: Cloverpopper